anybody tried the hawg seeker

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by fishingva93, Jan 1, 2009.

1. fishingva93

fishingva93 New Member

State:
    virginia
    has anybody tried the new hawg seeker with a bite alert?

2. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    I haven't tried one but I like the looks of the spinning setup. I do believe I'm gonna get me one.

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Codie, Welcome to BOC.

4. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC, I have never used them but played around with them in the store, they seem to have a sensitive tip, and that bite alert is pretty neat stuff. Zebco is old school can't go wrong with them.

5. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Welcome I was checkin those out as well the spincast for my son or my wife whoever wanted it but I'm waiting until walmart gets in Zebco 808 spincast combo comes with a 7' pole sounds good solid fiberglass tip for 18 bucks and change but currently sold out online

6. jjfisher666

jjfisher666 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    if that beep woke me up id be suprised my glowstick dont glow maybe electronics dont belong on a pole

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I bought my son one of these pole's and they are GREAT for the price and the alarm on the reel is LOUD I belive the pole's are the rhino indestrucible pole's? Anyway it is a nice set up for 36 dollar's :wink:

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    My dad has one,i dont think hes used it yet but i checked it out and it seems fine to me,if you like the spinning reels,i dont care for them but alot of people do.i wouldnt have a problem giving it a shot myself.

9. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Codie, Welcome to BOC.

10. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    catpaw you might have just talked me into getting one of these setups I think I gotta check it out a little closer

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My buddy Kevin has one and has landed some decent fish with his.....several out of my boat that I have whitnessed first hand -10-15 lb range we disected his the gears were all metal.... .witch impressed us both cause I have 2 smoked zebco reels that are about identical(MINUS THE ALARM) that have plastic gears......the alarm works well & .....I think there good for the money from what I have seen. Kevin is more of a fanatic bout fishing then me and fishes more so....yup there allright if you use spinns.:cool2:...we will see after this summer though if he moves closer:wink: He ties into a Wallcat in heavey current.....:wink:

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    My wfe got me one for christmas it is real smooth casting and reeling it in the alarm is just the right tone to hear and the light is bright but I still ain't tested it on a big Hawg

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    YEP! Got one last year for the wife, as it was what she wanted, Spinning set, the alarm is just fine and the light is bright and over all, I was/am impressed with it, biggest thing brought in on it was a 4-5 gar in the river, and it was a screaming fight for better part of 30 minutes, has a nice back bone and a sensitive tip, for the money I think it is well worth it......I did use it one day musky fishing nothing giant but caught several 20-30 inch fish and they were all handle well on it.

14. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    i've messed with them at wal-mart and can honestly say that i'd trust one if it was all i had to work with. zebco is pretty good quality for the price. while most of my buddies use penns and garcia's (including myself) another buddy got two 30# plus fish on a simple zebco spinning rig this year. I guess it's all in how you use what you got.

15. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I've been thinkin bout gettin one fer my son or wife or a zebco 808 boss hawg combo without the alarm

16. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Welcome aboard Codie, If ya get one give a report on how it works.

17. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    my fishing buddy got one and lasted bout 2 months and the alarm stopped working i really like the rod though but IMO just buy some bells

18. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    I just got one for my Birthday that is coming up Monday. It has a 7ft. Med/Heavy Hawg Seeker pole.

19. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i love mine, it is the perfect size for the channels and blues that we catch around here, but its got enough backbone to take on bigger fish as well:cool2:

20. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Welcome to the BOC Codie,both me and my son-n-law has one,dang good combo but the batteries dont last,other than that its a killer combo,we have the closed face ones,well worth the dollars to buy one,if you dont like it ill take it off ya hands,lol