ANYBODY TRIED GREEN MAGNET BAITLIGHT

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by koking20, Sep 7, 2008.

1. koking20

koking20 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Whats up guys just wondering if anybody has tried the green magnet baitlight i have never really used a bait light but seen it on tv and thought it might but something to invest in

2. jodster

jodster New Member

State:
    texas
    I have one and used it a few times when we were board. It brings in the bait, shad, minnows and bugs if you don't sink it! One time we had a school of a thousnd tiny shad, looked like a tornado as there were circling in a huge school! I was catfishing and brought it out as a after thought, watched the little minnows and a little blue gill or yellowbass zip through. It looks pretty cool and lights up the poles pretty good! It brings in the bait thats for sure, but I don't know about light for catfish, would highly recommend for crappie fishing! Plus there low power draw on the battery.

3. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    I never have tried that particular brand of light. We have a green floating/submersible fishing light on the boat and I can tell you that in the summertime it attracts shad by the thousands. It doesn't work immediately though, the longer you leave it in the water the more shad it attracts. Never have tried it in cool weather.

4. bettadaze

bettadaze New Member

State:
    Burlington,NC
    Lights on the water work great for crappie, don't know about catfish. Looks like the shad and bait fish would bring the cats though.:cool2:

5. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Catfish are basically nocturnal, and hate light...I know this because the ones that I have in my aquarium (yup, they're the real thing! no store bought-what they try to call catfish-catfish here!) try to hide when I turn the light on, or shine a flashlight in on them...I've never tried a green light though, I'll have to try that and let ya'll know what the verdict is on the green light attracting cats.

On the other hand, as long as you got the right food, cats will find it!:tounge_out: