Anybody Still Deer Hunting?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bownero, Dec 14, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    It's been a weird year for myself trying to harvest a deer. Late harvest season and weather have adversly affected my chance to score a deer. I had my chance early in the year, but got busted by 4 mature does while on the stand. I've been out several times, but only seen a few, and mostly they were out of range. I use the bow and that limits my yardage as we all know. Hoping to get out this Wednesday, because the temps should be great for sitting on the stand. No bone chilling temps to deal with. LOL!! Just checking in with the deer hunters and would like to know if your success has been down this season. I've got some great trail cam pics. of nice bucks, but they've been coming out at night to feed, considering the corn was still in the field at this time. Now the crops are out, that should up my odds of scoring. I'll keep you guys posted on my success. If I see a nice doe, it's going down. I'm not being picky at this time.

Thanks.

2. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sat the 18 deeragedden 2 starts. Smoke pole hunting season.

3. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    Here is what we have left for Deer:
    Muzzle loader Dec. 12th-20th.
    Dec. 26-27 is Free youth weekend.
    Bow hunting is Sept 5th - Jan 18th.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I got up at 5:00 a.m. last Thursday morning, it was 10 degrees when I left the house. I got up in my stand well before daylight. I seen a really nice 10 point but I managed to sneak out of there before he got a good look at me :wink::smile2:.

5. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yeah ours hear in fairfield sc goes out jan 1 goin to hunt hard to the end

6. calogan

calogan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The second of two shotgun seasons started Sat, and goes through Sunday. After that bow re-opens and late muzzle loader starts Mon. the 21st through Jan. 10th. Late season for the southern two tears of Iowa goes from Jan 11-31. I go second bow, second season and late muzzle loader so I still have a lot hunting left to do!:big_smile:

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm done. Deer harvest here was way down this year because of crappy weather...rain. It rained every day I hunted. Finally connected during antlerless season when I could finally make it to familiar territory. I have to wait my turn nowadays, and my turn doesn't come during buck season. :sad2: I'm on the search for somewhere to hunt next year.

8. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Our season is just getting started good. Opened Nov. 21, closes Jan 31.
    Starting off slow rain, rain, and more rain. Creeks overflowing bottoms
    flooded. Need some cold weather and sunshine.

9. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    Saturday (12-12) ended shotgun season. 12-19 starts muzzleloader back up and ends Jan 2. I think they are gonna give us 2 bonus days for shotgun in january. I'm gonna try to kill a few more with the smoke pole. My success has actually been up this year. I've killed 5 deer, 3 during doe only muzzleloader, and 2 during shotgun. Could've killed more if i was a better shot :angry:. One of these days i'll get a bow and extend my season even more.

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Put one doe in the freezer. May break out the smoke pole this weekend. Probably leave that up to the misses. She hasn't killed one yet this year.

11. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Archery over the counter in the southern units goes to the 31 jan.

12. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Our regular season runs until Jan 2 and then its doe shooting in the city limits until March 31, I never do though. I ain't mad at em after Jan 2 and concentrate instead in catching big blue cats out of the James River.

13. mdspoula

mdspoula New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Yeah, KS antlered season is over but there is antlerless opening on Jan1st for a week. I was about 50 yards away and missed a doe with a rifle. Being new to hunting I had my scope zoomed in too much and couldn't see out of the scope as the sun was going down while in the woods. I wish I would have just used my shotgun for that one.

14. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I'm still at it with my bow. Might go in the morning early...it's gonna be cold BRRRRRR......

15. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    We're still hunting here in NW Louisiana. We went to the camp last weekend, & my husband & grandson each got a big doe. They shot about 15minutes apart! That makes my grandson's third one this year; an 8pt, a "one sided" 5pt, & now a doe. And, this is his first doe he's ever gotten.
    I saw the "white flag" end of 2 does as they ran through my lane. It was pouring rain on us all weekend.
    And one of our good friends got his first ever; he just started hunting this year. He got a yearling doe, & he was so proud. Then he said, "Now I've got to get me a 'real' one!"
    We'll be hunting off & on for at least the next couple of weeks.
    Good luck, guys!

16. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Shot two doe tonight with my bow. I ran out of light before I could find the second one. I've got a friend bringing his dog over to help track in the morning. Hope it doesn't take long to find her. Temp is plenty cold...she definitely won't spoil. Probably freeze.

17. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Found the second doe at about 9:30 a.m. Frozen and lying in a creek with a Bald Eagle on her. No spoiled meat. :wink:

18. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    That's great news David!! Glad to read that you found the deer in great condition!! That's a bonus and a stress reliever!!