anybody shoot a browning bow?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by massa_jorge, Jan 19, 2009.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i was looking at one of these today. i can't remember the model, but it looked to be in good shape. adjustable draw to 70#, didn't see the letoff %, and it has the limsver dampeners on the strings and limbs, and a whisker biscuit rest, the all black one. doesn't look like it has been used much if at all. they are asking 100 bucks for it. good deal or not? i would change the rest to drop away. the sight is a single pin with the level, something i was looking at adding when i got the mission later on. this might save me some money, if these bows are really good. i know browning makes good stuff, but i wanted to hear from someone who shoots one. thanks!

2. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    I have not personally ever shot 1 but i've seen guys at the pro shop where i shoot,shoot them.1 of em was a BROWNING MIRAGE and ILLUSION and they both seemed like really nice bows.Both where fast and quiet for the money,hope this helps!

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Kinda new to bows myself but never had a problem with the browning name myself, they make good products. I will say that when I bought my bow the major decision maker was it felt right when I held it. I base that decision on whether its a fishing pole or a gun or any other product I buy. If it's not comfortable when you pick it up its not gonna perform properly for you.

4. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I shoot a Browning bow and own 3 Browning bows . I got my first one in 1999 before that i was a hoyt fan . The browning is quiet more quiet then any hoyt i ever shot . I think browning bows are great and wont buy anything else for myself . I have a browning illusion specs are Axle-to-Axle:33-1/2" Bow Weight:4.5 Brace Height:6-1/2" IBO Speed:326-318 Let-Off:80% Adjustable to 65% I also have a browning Verado specs are Axle-to-Axle:31-7/8" Bow Weight:4.3 Brace Height:7-5/8" IBO Speed:313-305 Let-Off:80% Adjustable to 65% and last but not least i have a browning rage specs are
    Axle-to-Axle:33-1/4" Bow Weight:3.8 Brace Height:7-5/8" IBO Speed:303-295 Let-Off:80% Adjustable to 65% I shoot easton full metal jackets and there is nothing the first 2 bows would not stop the specs are factory specs on these bows I have them set up to shoot a little faster . My main love about browning is the silence man they are quiet . I have shot compitition matches with the rage a few years ago on a team and that is a sweet bow made a few bucks with it lol . My son in law has tried to talk me into mathews but i am one of them fellas who finds something that works and sticks with it I have killed 27 deer with a browning bow and havent had a problem with one yet . If its in as good of shape as you say and its a 100.00 i would jump on it . you can doctor it up to be a mean machine . I think you would be happy with it . Around here a browning for 100.00 on the shelf would be gone before the day ended .

5. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    Browning bows are very good bows. Just bought two used browning bows last night for 50 bucks a deluxe nomad and a drake flightmaster. Couldn't pass them up for that price, and they will be perfect for my boys.

6. fishinnut

fishinnut New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I've had a used Browning Adrenaline SX since 2003, killed too many deer and hogs to remember, never had any trouble with it, and I don't baby it at all.
    Love the adjustable feature, 3" of draw length adjustability without a bow press is really sweet. I think too many people get caught up in the "name game" when it comes to almost anything, you don't have to buy a $700 + bow to get out and have a good time.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well i was looking at the wrong price tag. the browning tornado was 200, not 100. anyway i got it. it came with a case, a half dozen gold tip expedition hunter arrows, and a new release. i set up my base camp target and shot, and i was really surprised. shot a 10 inch group at 40 yards, after 10 or so test shots from closer range. i have never shot a light fast bow before. it has 80% let off too, another thing i have never experienced. 70# draw weight didn't feel that bad, since you aren't pulling back for that long. holding it back is a breeze. i am used to 5-10 seconds before my arm starts shaking- i could hold this back all day. overall i won't change much on it. trying to figure out which fall away rest to get. i was looking at a ripcord and some others. i don't know what the heck i'm looking at though, if anyone wants to chime in! looked at a NAP drop away too. oh and i added a limbsaver s-coil stabilizer, although the bow is really quiet without it. thanks yall for the feedback.

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    My first bow was a Browning Mirage 2. It was a good bow. Of course back then when I was starting Archery, I was unaware of proper tuning issues and timing of the cams. Luckily there is a pro shop in the town I live in and they got me on the right track. It was a accurate bow for my capabilities back then. I went to Hoyt and 1 Mathews bow and back to Hoyt and never looked back. Not to down the Browning line of bows at all!! Todays bows are night and day compared to bows 5-10 yrs ago for instance. It's all personal preference.

Good luck on your purchase and good shooting to you!!:wink:

9. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    I think those new brownings bring a pretty penny depends on the year and all I shoot an old pse with round pulleys alittle slow but itll bring em down it all depaendson what you are use to sounds like a good deal to me but I havent seen it. I paid 150 for mine about 10 years ago

10. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I have a Browning Mantis. This was my first year bow hunting. I spent a lot of time practicing with it. Spent about 2 months in tree stands with it but never got to even shoot at a deer. I don't have any doubt the bow was capable of taking a deer if a shot had presented itself. I have no complaints about it at all.

11. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    rip cord or trophy taker are good ones . Im glad you are happy with the bow . They are for sure quiet . I use line leeches on the string and put limb savers on both limbs the stabilizer and the quiver .