Anybody ready for spring yet?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW YORK TALK' started by Captain Cat, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Captain Cat

Captain Cat Member

State:
    New York
    With no ice to get on I am Having fishing withdrawl. Cant wait to get back after the cats.

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Im am, Im looking forward to some fishing, hiking and the birth of my daughter.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    With no ice to get in the way, get out there and do some fishing. They will be hungry no matter what the weather is. Take the boat out and suffer no longer!!!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    It pretty much has never left our neck of the woods. Winterized and covered my boat back in mid november. What a mistake that was. LOL!

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I agree. What do we need ice for anyways. Just another challenge to overcome.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I was ready for Spring on the first day of Winter.Just think only 3 more months offically that is.

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Took the trash can out to the road early this morning wearing shorts and flip-flops, no shirt, between the warm rain showers. I thought it was spring.

8. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    im most definately ready for spring even though im still fishing lol. where i live its been in the 50's for a few days and then it drops to the 30's then shoots back up this winter is nuts!

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm even more ready for the Missouri 07 Gathering! BobPaul that's some nice winter weather you must be havin in SC to go outside in shorts and footflops! Wish we could do that up here!:big_smile:

10. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Definitely ready for spring. Shouldn't be too much longer.

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Hey captain cat good to see you on. This weather has been driving me crazy to. I have been seriously considering going out to south bay, and giving it a try. We did pretty good this past summer the biggest cat being 15 lbs. Caught a lot of 7-to 10 pounders. If this weather pattern continues there wont be any ice on the bigger lakes.

12. Captain Cat

Captain Cat Member

State:
    New York
    If my boat was not wrapped I would get it out. If the weather does not change to much I might get it out anyway. Happy New Year to all.

13. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I got that new humminbird for Christmas. Gonna install it today and get ready.

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I was ready after the first snow. This is the second year I've fished in the winter. Love these mild winters.

15. Joe_T

Joe_T New Member

State:
    NY
    I may take my kayak off the shelf and look for trouble myself. I hear 60's. Last year this time I was shoveling snow.

Anyone have any catfish hot spots in NY Kingston area?

16. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    I am ready to fish the Hudson River . . . March 15th is almost here :cool2:

17. Joe_T

Joe_T New Member

State:
    NY
    Gettin' warmer out. My kayak is calling me. I want to catch something big this year.

18. scorpio420

scorpio420 New Member

State:
    ny
    here in upstate ny it was 62 degrees today. now if the 4 ft of snow would melt i could make it to the river bed. lol

19. brstone01

brstone01 New Member

State:
    Illinois Taylorville
    Today it was 75 here in Taylorville

20. coreyfence

coreyfence New Member

State:
    new york
    Just when we thought it was over:angry: 10-18" of snow expected in the Glens Falls area