anybody need a fishin buddy?

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mactheaxe, Aug 23, 2009.

1. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    ok,so here's the deal. been fishin all my life, just lately been gettin a little obsessed with it. i want to go to lake allatoona or a river but i dont have the boat for it. i know how to fish, although some methods i know of, just never tried. anyway, im lookin to get out and do some serious flathead, blue, or whatever fishin. as long as im out on a body of water and enjoyin myself. im sane, responsible and drama free. fishin is really the only thing i can do that dont dig into my alreay very shallow pockets. 1.50 for livers, couple bucks for some hooks, im set. i have my own poles, and tackle, just need a fishin buddy.

2. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    Fishing aint cheap. I go to lanier and put 40 dollars in my boat, 25 dollars in my truck for gas. Oil for the gas in the boat. 40 dollars for bait and tackle each trip and food and drinks. So if someone takes you out on a boat try to help out if you can. I know sometimes people cant but it sure helps out when they do.

3. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    understandable. this isnt a smartalecky answer so dont take it as such,i mean respect, but thats all a given. if i have it, i am more than happy givin it. gas aint cheap nowadays. and just like when i go with my uncle some in alabama, if i cant help with the money, i will make sure i make up for it in work. ill pump the gas, clean the fish, and so on. i just moved back here and my luck as far as employment(not for effort) isnt very good, so fishin is one of those things that lets me get away from it when i been thinkin too much and need a break, or clear my head and rationalize and plan, think of options, and so on. i am NOT askin for a free fishin trip AT ALL, just a friend to go on the lake with. i stay home, or with my girlfriend and go out on the lake at her house. im used to callin up a friend and sayin, " i feel like fishin/huntin/bbqing/golfing/muddin, or whatever else, just aint been able to lately. i got friends in texas, louisiana, and washington, even colorado that i do that stuff with, just not here yet.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  4. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    I fish allatoona a bit, and have had some good luck up the little river portion, but with the water level dropping now for winter I dont think i'll be able to make it up that way again til spring. last time I went it was pretty nerve-racking, only 2 feet of water in some parts for a long stretch. There are some places on the main lake (etowah in side) that I'd like to try more, perhaps next month we can get out there and give them a whirl. I'll shoot you a pm with some more info.

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    If you can get down to Ludowici, GA you can go out with me on my boat.

I am waiting for a new prop in the mail, then its game on again.

Doing all night trips getting back to the ramp around 8 or 9 AM.

Looking at the map, it would be a 5 hour drive for you, dont know if that is within your strike range or not?

6. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    Some of the shenanigans you,"May" be subjected to.. :smile2:

[youtubevid]jm0jwt0XUtc[/youtubevid]

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Around here, I think I'm the only one that fishes that ain't dead broke.... And thats ok.... it all cost me the same anyway, wether I go by myself or take a buddy along.,,, a good partner is priceless.

8. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    Bill you rich mug send me some of that $$$ :smile2:

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I just said I wasnt dead broke not rich :big_smile:

10. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    well that's definitely a good click away.in my car, that's a cheap trip. im always up for a good fishin trip. well definitely have to plan something. do you go through winter?

11. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :big_smile::big_smile: i know i am not dead broke but i am not rich either but i do help people out with gas for there boat

12. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    good video commando. hilarious. and indycat, youre dead right. if im broke, ill still find a way to put in on gas.

13. Catfish_Commando

State:
    Georgia
    Jason in winter will be shifting to Alabama and hitting Wheeler up for Blue Catfish.

I would do Santee, but Round Hill said that was his lake.. :crazy:

14. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    if you need an extra body to weigh down the boat so it dont blow away,lemme know.