Anybody know where to find chicken blood

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by brandon, Feb 2, 2006.

1. brandon

brandon New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I use to fish it all the time now nobody carries it. Anyone know how to get it.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Brandon, it is harder to get. i know here in NC they have made laws to where you have to have some type of permit to go to a slaughter house and get blood.
    It all has to do with disease and satanic rituals.
    You got the few that messed it up for the lot.

3. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Brandon,may have place to get all you need,I just need to check and see if they still sell to the public. Give me a few days to check this out.I can get bags of fresh chicken livers there,but not sure about the blood.

4. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

I'd go a lookin' for a big Chicken...LOL:cool:

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yep, Chickens would be the first place I would start looking for it, LOL!!!

6. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    Did sumbody say nanna puddin???:)

7. brandon

brandon New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    catter5000 I would appreciate all the help you can give. There may be some of grandpas special in it for ya. Thanks.

8. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Brandon, I'm not sure if this will help you out or not but. When i was a supervisor at simmons foods in southwest city,mo we had a few guys from inidana come and buy chicken blood by the 55 gal. drum. You may want to contact the company and find out what you need to do in order to buy some.

9. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Brandon, sorry but I can not find chicken blood anywhere. Place I used to get it is out of business.I did find a place to buy fresh chicken livers and gizzards a lot cheaper than the local bait shop,or grocery store. They are close to my house and if you would like info on this,pm me. They sell them in 5lb and 40lb bags.

10. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Hey Brandon, I believe there is a chicken house at 2121 North Sheridain In Tulsa, I do not know the name, I am planning on going there, but not for a few weeks, I can check then if you have not gotten in touch with them.Feel free to send me a line if you need it sooner, Bob S

11. brandon

brandon New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I would appreciate it if you could check. I am tied up for the next 3-4 weeks with basketball playoffs. So I couldn't make it down myself anyway. I'll just keep checking back from time to time to see what you found out. Thanks again.

12. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    :cool: Hey Brandon, I thought I had sent this to you, but I do not see it, I must be getting old. There is a Chicken poultry house at 2121 North Sheridian, you might be able to get the chicken blood there. If not, you might try Gi8zzards, I know for a fact they catch lots of Blue cats on Grand. You might also try looking at this site about your Jugs:http://members.aol.com/jackfish7/jugline.html. Hope this helps, if I can help anyother way, give me a call, or a note., Jugerman:)

13. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Hey Brandon, sory for taking so long, I finally got by Poultry Express, but unfortunately they do not sell checken blood. Wish I could have been more hielp. The wind has finally quit blowing, we are going to set Jugs Thursday and Friday on Grand, will let you know if we do any thiing, Bob::)

14. brandon

brandon New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I appreciate you not forgeting. Oh well I will find some soon. Even If I have to start my own chicken farm. Thanks

15. clock152

clock152 New Member

State:
    Glenpool, OK
    Sorry to bring up an old post. But has anyone found a place for chicken blood in the Tulsa area? I have a chum idea I want to try out. A cup of frozen blood with a rock in it to make it sink. Anyone try this?

16. Crappieslayer

Crappieslayer New Member

State:
    Prattville,OK
    I always find chicken blood in a chicken..JK..haha!!

17. clock152

clock152 New Member

State:
    Glenpool, OK
    yeah but its a pain in the butt to get them to sit still long enough to donate... and they never listen to you when you say "now make a fist"