Anybody know this Guy?

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by DJH1, Feb 16, 2008.

1. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I posted this in the local missouri forum, but figured since this guy was from up ya'll's way you may know him.

At the Cape Girardeau sports show this morning a guy by the name of Robert Phillips from Alton, Illinois gave a presentation on catfishing the Mississippi River. He's sponsored by Quantum and Gamakatsu. Had a lot of good info and was very helpful by answering A LOT of questions.

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Does he work at bluff city tackle?

3. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I believe he may because I heard him mention them once or twice. Is it in St. Louis? I just assumed it was in Poplar Bluff I guess.....:embarassed: If so, they had a booth set up and were selling Quantum Big Cat rods, Ugly Stik Tigers, and Surge rods. Had pretty decent prices on 'em, better than I expected anyway.

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    If it is the same guy then I have met him a couple of times, he and his brother catch some monter fish up this way. I believe his brother caught one this year that was around 102lbs.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yeah, that's Bob from Bluff City Tackle in Alton, or whatever the name is now. It's changed a time or two.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Robert is a great guy. He's been fishing a long time on this river. If you cant find him during the 70-80 Hours a week he works at Bluff City Tackle in Alton, Illinois, then hell probably be at the dam chuckkin skipjack's to the fish.

Robert is great people. He's whacked some big Ol Fish too.