Anybody know how they did today?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jms43, Jan 5, 2008.

1. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Does anyone have any info about Montrose today? If it was good I'm thinking about going up in the morning.

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Troy hit a 12# flat and a carp and Gary caught a 2 or 3# channel. Pretty slow, but lots of small shad. I didn't show up till around 11, but word from the guys there early was that the bite was better early before the wind kicked up.

Troy, Kirk, and Jim, nice to meet you guys today, appreciate you guys keeping Gary and I from being stranded on the wrong side of the lake:big_smile:

Earl, I didn't get a chance to say hi to you guys today, you headed over to the other side of the lake before I got a chance to get over there.

Robert, good idea, thanks for getting everybody together today! Not a lot of fish, but still a nice day to be outside. Good Luck!

Branden

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Thanks ,we need to plan one in june ,and campout and fish for flathead all night ,maybe a sat,-sun

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    It was great to meet you too Branden. Earl, john also. Good to see the rest of you guys as well. At least I got to break in the new flathead rod on a flathead. :big_smile: I dont think Ive ever fished any where that carp eat shad though.... Had a lot of fun, thanks guys!

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I said John, I ment Don (kitten killer)
    We had a good showing of BOC members there. Lots of shad there if your going, there all about 2-3 inchs though.
    After the wind picked up they quit biting seemed like, not running much power may have been another reason. Sure liked the lake and the fellowship, lets do it again.....

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like ya'll had fun. A bad day fishin still beats a good day at work.

7. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Earl, we were hopeing to look at that bait trap. Will get back with you, if you want them out of the pond I have one to put some of them into.
    Thanks for bringing some perch and bullheads along for us.

8. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Count me in if you do it in June, I should be there on vacation at that time.

9. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    It was nice to get a chance to meet Brandon, Gary, Earl and Don and and anytime you fish with Troy, Jim and Robert you know it's going to be a great day, The fishing is slow but who cares if your having a good time. Jim next time don't forget the grasshoppers :wink:.
    I am looking forward to fishing with you all again.

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jims is a River Pro Earl AKA hang on where going stump jumping...:eek:oooh:
    and Kirks is a SeaArk AKA it's warm in the cabin and has a jucuzzi....:cool2:

Hey Branden was telling us about some of Roberts fishing adventures LOL. Dont worry Branden I wont tell him.....:wink::smile2:

11. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Earl I was in Kirks boat, camoed Seaark with a cabin. Robert was the funny looking guy in Jims boat......:tounge_out:

12. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
  13. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    see ya!!!!!,i am out of here.

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    LOL, Robert your to serious. Geez.....:confused2:

15. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Had a good time, glad to. meeting, all you guys.
    enjoyed looking at some of Kirks inventions. Robert and I had the privilege
    of see a grandad taking his grandson,(I Presume ) boy about 4. the little guy caught 2 fish, he'll never forget that, Robert caught some shad and gave to them they were having, hard time, getting any, the smile on that little boys , made my day.
    Earl was that you with the pretty blond in your boat, wow wait that was a different lake. 20 years ago. :big_smile:, glade you made it back across lake alright. you all notice how short Troys hair is well, Robert Troy were in my boat and their is a bridge real low, over the river, Troys in front seat and can't get down
    Robert and me ducked, (we were bumping about 40 mph,) hair an't grew back yet.:wink: Thanks for a good time guys.
    Jim

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Don't worry Earl. Ol' Robert will be back, he's just mad because he didn't catch any fish......:smile2::eek:oooh::smile2:

Remind me to shave my head next time Jim.......:cool2:

17. kitten killer

kitten killer New Member

State:
    missouri
    :big_smile:yes it was nice to meet you guys sorry had to leave early but had to go see the wife promised i would be home by 10 left at what 11. it wwas nice to atleast catch that little channel and giant freakin carp :big_smile:

see you all next time

18. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Dont fell bad for Robert guys, he had this all planned.:crazy:
    Yep, hes been calling me all day laughing.:sad2: I cant believe he would resort to such tactics....
    You know what they say about pay backs Robert.....:smile2::bad_smelly:

19. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    I think Roberty got one up, on you, Troy.:wink:
    Jim

20. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    LOL Jim, he's gotta ride with you remember.....:wink:
    Earl, Ol Roberts funny all right. Did you notice those fishing poles he was useing????:0a14::0a10: