Anybody Killing anything?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Mi11er, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    This forum has been silent lately, is anyone killing any waterfowl? It might be early yet, Mo season opens the 27th of oct. I am ready, but it has been a weird year the weather doesn't seem like it is going to cooperate. I hope that we start getting some birds down here that seem few and far between.

2. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Central Illinois is Dry Dry.. Every hole and Most lakes in the area are way down.
    Youth Hunt was this weekend here, with as always, very mixed results.
    Teal seemed to be taking the bulk of the beating followed by Of all things Pintails. we never have this may Pinners.

Local populations of mallards took up the slack and some of the Bread eating Geese from the parking Lots managed to make some young ones Day memorable, if it wasn't already.

Young hunters and those Dads, uncles or who every make me smile real Big when Listening to their stories.
    Rarley are they about Numbers or shooting.. Always about what went on, the critters they say in the spot light ..How good breakfast was and When they can come back ?

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i was bowhunting sunday morning and saw abunch of pintails! i have never seen them this early. our season opens beginning of november so no duck killing yet. i am in the tx panhandle. we don't usually see pintails till mid december or early dec at the earliest. we may be in for a bad winter boys!

4. LafayetteRiverRunner

LafayetteRiverRunner New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Up here in IN we are doing very good on geese . I have not seen alot of ducks yet but we limit on geese every weekend

5. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    I went out this morning with my two brothers to Hillsdale and we only saw 2 flock the whole morning..didn't fire a shot, and didn't hear anyone else shooting either. You're right, its not cold enough here yet I don't think.

6. Neckmuscle

Neckmuscle New Member

State:
    Georgia
    My group of 7 went to Aberdeen,South Dakota the week before Thanksgiving, most Mallards this old Georgia boy had ever seen. The migration was on. No problem to limit out in very short order. Picked up one pintail and one gadwall along with the multitude of mallards. One pond about 10 acres overall held (at our estimates) 20,000 plus ducks. First time I had ever seen a "Mallard Tornado". The Pheasant were wild, although there were plenty of them, they'd flush at 200 yards and go straight to the ponds with thick cattails. Overall, ENJOYABLE!!!

7. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We have been killing limits just about everytime we go out up here near Squaw Creek...The county we hunt in ( Holt County ) is holding somewhere close to 400,000 ducks and who knows how many geese. The best is yet to come! Good luck to all!

8. insanedrifter

insanedrifter New Member

State:
    missouri
    Are you hunting public or private

9. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We hunt more private ground than anything, but on an occasion we hunt public ground. Matt do you hunt in northwest, MO.

10. insanedrifter

insanedrifter New Member

State:
    missouri
    I hunt pretty much where i can get permission to. Most of my hunting is south of kc. I live in odessa so up north is a drive. But i will go to where the birds are. I just got permission to hunt a 100 acre winter wheat field near lone jack,mo. N. of 50 highway.