Anybody juggin' in winter ?

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by LureheadEd, Jan 2, 2009.

1. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Looks like this whole style shuts down during the winter...I made some adjustable depth noodle jugs last fall, but deer season came upon me and I got lost in the woods...I'd like to try 'em out, but don't have any ideas about depth or baits or day or night.... Any ideas ?

2. spencerg

spencerg New Member

State:
    oglesby texas
    I have seen a few guys run jugs in the winter. They were running them along the channels(river beds) in pretty deep water. They had some luck. I personally have never tried them in the winter. I have also heard of guys doing it to locate fish to r&r fish for. I hope you try it, and let me know how you do.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    A buddy of mine went last year. He called and asked me where would be best.
    I told him to fish stump flats near deep water. And he had a ball catching blues in less than 6ft of water in cold weather. Also he had the line set at 3 ft.
    Good luck.
    Pete

4. ghostcat78

ghostcat78 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We go juggin in the winter and we use 20' to 30' and some times 10' of line because you never know where the shad will be. We also scan the area to see where the Cats are stacked up at and drift with the wind. But that’s on the lake I rarely jug the river in the winter witch I use a round 48" of line in the dead of summer. Just never had that much luck on the river as we do in the deep on the lake. One day last winter we caught 37 blues in one day and that’s smoken on jugs. It made me a firm believer about winter fishen.