Anybody in New Mexico??

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEW MEXICO TALK' started by whiskerchaser, Jun 16, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Hey guys I couldnt be the only one on this site from new mexico.

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    James,
    I lived in New Mexico when I was young. I graduated from High School in Questa, then went south to Silver City. My dad, brothers, and I used to fish the Gila River southwest of Silver City before you get to the cliff dwellings at Gila. Good fishing and plenty of cats!

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well you aint the only one cause im here where in this beautiful burnt blackened state are ya from i live in Logan/ute lake and weve been having terrible fires all around us sure could use some rain

4. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Im in raton stubblefield is down like 30ft I went last night no luck.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My wife,daughter and I have gone Fri. and sat. nite from 8 till 12 and except for a bite or two and one that got me hung and i had to break off we havent had any luck either guess im gonna have to figure out another stratagy

6. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    yep we got a really hard rain today so maybe that will help out the fishing around here i went to springer lake and hooked into something huge it bent my 8ft ugly stick right in half good thing it didnt break lol. I thought it was a turtle or something then it jumped real high then thats when it shook the hook. O yea it was a pike.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    well my job moved me to mimbers nm two weeks ago to help install fiber optic cable i stayed at lake roberts i did get to chase after the cats there but drew a goose egg with only a couple of bites then yesterday i recieved news of my grandmothers passing so im back home and those lake roberts cats are safe... oh yeah lake roberts is in the famous gila nat. forest

8. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    lake roberts? hmm lol gotta try it. I tried ute for like 1 hour one time with my danny kings no bites it was really cold the water was warm though ppl were swimming lol they were scarin the fish. We need to go fishin sometime lol.