Anybody Ice Fishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by Pylodictis Olivaris, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just wondering if anyone is ice fishing? Starting to get some decent ice here in Central Iowa.....taking tomorrow off of work to hit a few farm ponds. Let us know how you are doing.

2. redwiskers

redwiskers New Member

State:
    iowa
    good luck with the ice fishing. keep us updated.

3. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    Been pretty good up here at the lakes. Got a little bit hairy during the warm weather, got some good ice now. Fish are biting everywhere too.

4. peck

peck New Member

State:
    Illinois
    We have had to much rain and not cold enough weather for Ice to form.The misssissippi is out of banks with lots of push right now. Maybe spring will just show up and we can bypass Ice fishing. Ha. Ha.

5. Pylodictis Olivaris

State:
    Iowa
    I ended up getting out for a few hours this morning....only about 4 inches on the farm ponds and less then that on the bigger ponds and lakes. So I decided to stay on the smaller ponds to play it safe. I ended up catching a lot of bluegill. It was a pretty good time but I was in search of some big ol crappie for the frying pan instead.

Still better than work!

6. Pylodictis Olivaris

State:
    Iowa
    dano40,

how much ice do you have up there in Spirit Lake? Whats the fishing report like up there?

7. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    We have 4 to 12 inches of ice, still some open water too. Lot of perch and bluegills being caught with a few walleyes.

8. oldstylelight

oldstylelight New Member

State:
    LeClaire, ia
    dang deer seasons ... still goin.. maybe next weekend to hit the ice, but i got an antlerless tag to hopefully fill today or tomorrow... Ice fishing dont cut it for me like cats, but still a great time. Good ice to ya.