Anybody hit the Elkhorn River yet?

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by JakeW, May 23, 2007.

1. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    I am hoping to go out friday to the river, was wanting to know if anybody has been out to the elkhorn yet? I plan on using bluegill, that worked great for me last year. Let me know if anybody has been there yet. Thanks.

2. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    have not hit the elkhorn yet this year but noticed while driving by that the water finally went down a little. also alot of structure like large trees that have fallen into the river and are catching debrees.

3. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Don't have a report either, but was wondering about this myself. Where on the elkhorn do you fish? i can be at the bridge on Q st in about 10 minutes..... so been thinking about fishing the elkhorn myself

Let us know how you do

Happy fishing,
    Alex

4. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    havent fished the elkhorn yet. waters been toooooo high. had great success on salt creek before the big rain. caught a nice 12lb flathead. good luck

5. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
  6. kyhawk

kyhawk New Member

State:
    Kearney, Nebras
    just fished it yesterday for bout a half an hour and had a few bits but thats bout it, nothin great...the word is that there bitn pretty good ever since the river went down, so its ready to go...well have fun out there and good luck

7. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    i think you and i were fishing the same spot last year on the river werent we? right by the bridge crossing on the 275, on the way to west point?