Anybody here from McCurtain County?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by oklahoma caveman, Apr 17, 2008.

1. oklahoma caveman

oklahoma caveman New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    anybody? am i alone on here?

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey welcome to the BOC if I was you I would check out the Oklahoma roll call, and they should have plent of names and where each of them are from and you can see if anyone on here lives close to you.

3. oklahoma caveman

State:
    oklahoma
    thanks man. goin by th search function sure dont get me much bout my area

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Fred, welcome to the BOC/SOC :cool2:, best catfishing site on the web! Be sure to check out the library, a lot of good info in there. Where do you do most of your catfishing?

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Welcome to the hood! :smile2:

6. oklahoma caveman

State:
    oklahoma
    i dont get near enough chances to fish away from my area. usually fish in little river and brokenbow lake here in the county, and a few smaller rivers over in arkansas. bout all i catch is smalish channel cats. was hopin to find a local guy wantn a eager to learn fishing partner

7. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    most of my folks are neighbors to the north in leflore county. my dad lives between wister and red oak. i live in wagoner county but i have spent a lot days chasing deer and turkey in them mountains. both sets of grand parents are from around there.

8. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla

Fred... I once had a cabin between Smithville and Watson on the Upper Mountain Fork. Lived there for a few years before my first divorce forced the sale.

There usta be some real nice channels at "The Narrows" and an occasional flatcat, but I heard that now the ODWC has planted blues there too.

All that took place some 30 years ago, so I imagine thangs are a little different now. Did they ever pave over the bricks downtown Broken Bow?:eek:oooh:

9. oklahoma caveman

State:
    oklahoma
    yep its all paved now. i hadn even thought of fishin that area. i bet its good tho as the lake is right down stream. although th water is backed up over th low water bridge there now. bout 10 ft over th last i heard

10. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Yep... That was one of the roads I could use to reach my place... about 7 miles up. That low water bridge gets hidden every spring like clockwork. Always check the flood gauge. Sometimes it's underwater and you can't see it. That pole is 14 feet tall.:eek:oooh:

When the Mountain Fork is that high, it ain't safe to cross anywhere.

I could tell you stories about some of the folks that lived there back then, but most of them are probably still around... I enjoy breathin and walkin around, preferring that to what they might plan for me iffn I tell...:wink:

11. oklahoma caveman

State:
    oklahoma
    lol man i think those people are all over mccurtain county. dont ask dont tell right?:wink:. but man i envy you living up there. it truly is some beautiful country

12. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I don't live there now... wish I still had that cabin though... Could see into Arkansas on a clear day. Moved out of there in the mid-80's. There were pine trees over 100 ft tall along the ridge road to the cabin with huge cypress trees lining the Buffalo Creek below the hill. It was like a page from a picture book.

I built the cabin 24 ft square on the ridge overlooking the creek. It had a full covered porch all the way around it, 8 feet wide. The exterior walls were rocked up with the native quartzite boulders collected from the hillsides. It was so bright in the morning sun that it was hard to look at.

God, I miss that place! It was beautiful.

13. oklahoma caveman

State:
    oklahoma
    i bet you do. that sounds absolutly gorgeous, id give my i teeth to have a cabin up in that area, with about a hunerd acres. man id never leave