Anybody having any luck turkey hunting?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by jeff1212, May 1, 2009.

1. jeff1212

jeff1212 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was interested if turkey hunting was any good this year? :004:

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the boc Jeff. I dont turkey hunt to busy fishing. But my son got his. 22 lb 1 1/4 spurs and 11 3/4 inch beard. Got his on the first morning he went out. Couple of my friends had good luck also.

Tom

3. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the Brotherhood Jeff. No luck yet here in west central Indiana. High winds, dailey monsoons, and I think they are already henned up. It's gettin tougher every year. Our season opened April 22nd and goes out May 10th. They need to back our season up about 2 weeks here, seems that they are henned up about the time, or very shortly after, our season opens for the last couple years.

4. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tagged out. Both adult gobblers in the 20 # range. Not huge birds but they were adults. My second bird was struck at 10:30 and killed at 11:30. That was a great hunt.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I had to work the 1st. day and all that week. Gail force wind and rain ever since. I may hunt in the morning just for the sheer heck of it. Got a nice camo rain suit.

6. skipjack1984

skipjack1984 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    took the week off of work during the opening week here in tennessee and killed a 24# tom with 1 5/8 spurs and 10 inch beard. i have still got two weeks left here so im goin to keep on chasin them til the bitter end

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    This is the first year in 20 years that I have not gone turkey hunting:sad2: Going back to school has really started to get into my hunting and fishing, but I will be done this september.
    Hope that everyone got their bird