Anybody having any luck lately in SW/C VA?

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by JPritch, Oct 24, 2006.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I'm in Lynchburg. In the past two weeks I've been out 3 times. A total of 3 different ponds and the James just above Scotts Mill Dam. Not even a bite. Am I just having bad luck or has it been slow for most of you?

2. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Doing all right in some farm ponds around here with channels, wouldn't know about some of the bigger places such as the james, and kerr.

Wheelmobile07

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Thanks for the reply. What type of bait are you using at the ponds and what time of day are you having the most luck?

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Mostly Fishing In The Evenings Till About Dark When I Get Off Work Or Out Of School. Been Using Chicken Livers And Jumbo Shiners Cut And Whole.

Wheelmobile07

5. benneeb0y

benneeb0y New Member

State:
    VA
    im in nva and my luck has been ok. caught three last week in a small lake/pond (about 10 acres). Used cut blue gill. Only caught them on the center with the gut sack in fairly shallow water. maybe 4 feet. and about 10 feet from shore. it was about 45* and breezy. fishing from shore with ugly sticks rigged carolinia style. There is a 300 acre lake i go to also but havent had much luck but i dont have a boat so Im not surprised about that.

[EDIT]

The fish where caught about a hour before sunset