Anybody having any luck at Smithville Lake?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by nkccatman, Aug 14, 2007.

1. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    Just wondering if anyone has had any luck there latly?

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Depends on what you mean by luck.I can catch fish 2 minutes after leaving the house.I call that luck,but don't mean I catch monsters.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    NK, I don't think it's luck in Cook's case, I think he's fished that lake enough the fish have just surrendered:wink: They know he's going to catch them one way or another so they flip coins to see who's going to take the hook so he'll go home and leave the rest of the alone...:smile2:

4. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    I personally have had a tough time lately. I had a very very nice fish on drifting the 16-18 ft flats north of the ol Trimble lake. Didn't get him in. Other than that - lot's of work/sweat for very few fish. Most caught on dip bait = all small channels. The nice fish I had on about 8 minnows just dragging the bottom - listening to the Royals game made the time go by faster but just as frustrating!

5. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    BK,I think your right about Cook :smile2:. Cook I was meaning any nice size cats!I fished in Rock Cove last night and only caught a couple 3 lbers,so guess I had some luck:tounge_out:.Im gonna go out again friday night and try again!

6. cats only

cats only New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have been drifting around sailboat cove. I have been catching fish in about 6 to 22 ft of water. they have all been channel cats. i have been using fresh shad. i have been averaging 2 to 3 nice fish per trip. 6to 9lbs and a few smaller also. look for east or west winds. they are hard to come by out there. but when there is its really good.

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Thanks for the report John, Welcome to the BOC