Anybody had luck on Proctor Lake

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by JEFFRODAMIS, Jun 4, 2009.

1. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I have done a ton of trot lining in rivers but ina few weeks will be my first time in a lake. Plan on putting out a bunch of jugs and 3 or 4 trotlines and maybe try our luck from the bank. Just wondering if any one on here has fished there with trot lines and if they have had any luck?

2. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    its been years since i fished proctor great bass lake and some big flats in there i dont remember the lake that well but a friend of mine and i used to always catch about a dozen or so bullheads at his tank and go out there and catch some flats we broke a few off before but also caught quite a few in the 10-20lb range good luck let us know how it goes for ya

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thanks, i hope to catch some bullhead between now and then to go with my perch buffet. I will let ya know how that goes as well

4. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    Good Luck and report back with your success story.

5. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Proctor has lots of channels, that I know for sure. I've fished here with retired guide Billy Tyus who lives in nearby Dublin. Let us know how you do. God Bless, Luke Clayton

6. FISHSKINNER

FISHSKINNER Member

State:
    Texas
    Name:
    Mike
    Ya'll might want to check the TPWD regulations, it's not real clear but it looks like they are considering bullheads to be gamefish and you sure don't want to get caught accidentally breaking any laws

7. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    skinner if they dont that it wont go into affect until the new fishing season starts and if and when they do then i will no longer use them but until then i will follow the current annual of laws and regs i have in the car but thanks for the heads up on the bullhead possibly becomin a gamefish

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    still a couple weeks but i got my bait trough set up and working wonderfully, got probably 30-40 gills in it now..hopefully i can increase that number exponentially befre the 20th lol.. still need to rig me up a trap so i can just grab and go on my way home from work instead of cane poling it and getting "hung out fishing" for several hours a day..that would be just terrible :wink:

9. clutch

clutch New Member

State:
    texas
    yo jeffro its clutch. hey man when i was growin up we would go to proctor every summer. we did great off the banks with worms and shads. trot lines were good with perch.

10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    you need to come back down sometime too