anybody got white catfish

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by catwhisper, Oct 16, 2009.

1. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i see alot about blues, flats and channel but nobody talks about whites. about ten years ago we would catch one once in awhile. now when i go out to channel fish about half of the fish are whites. thats is a big increase in ten years. was wondering if anyone else saw this? two years ago the state record was only 6 lbs now it is 8 lbs 10 ozs. i caught one that wieghed 18 lbs but ate him and have caught several over 10 lbs. just curious about what yall thought?

2. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    We have whites but I don't fish for them. I target the big blues, the guys wanting to catch eaters can target the whites and channels...most don't know the difference anyway.

Tight lines.

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i havent seen any in a long time but like bomerman i usually go for bigger fish but still havent seen any in a while.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    They are everywhere in the brackish rivers along the New jersey coast. They can be caught in the Delaware River too.

They are a pest like gar when you are fishing for striped bass using bloodworms at $12 a dozen!:angry:

They really don't get that big and do not fight at all! They are at the bottom of the list when it comes to North American catfishes.:cool2: