Anybody going tomorrow?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by snooker_hooker, Oct 20, 2006.

1. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    im heading out early tomorrow to lake moultrie. cats beware.
    is anybody going? i will post where and how when i get home, im yaking a friend that has never been. he will be hooked! have some fun and see you all out there.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    only in my mind. maybe next weekend for me. good luck to you.

3. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nick,
    Wish I could be out there tomorrow too, It's on my mind all the time, today at work when I did'nt have customers I was making up rigs, It will most likely be a couple of weeks before I can go, Next weekend I have a family reunion out of state, Rub it in deep when you get back, I can take it.:big_smile:

4. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    went by myself, friend backed out. it was windy out there this morning. i got 2 that were 20 lbs each. one was 25.5 for a total of 3. lots of hits, i was using big hooks and big baits. i tried all my spots and nothing produced. i went to marker 7 then left looking from the short stay about 150 yds. lots of humps. i used my trolling motor to slow the drift down. about .5 to 1 mph by gps. dropped streight down the cranked up 2 turns. i used herring and a cool rig that was in my in-fisherman mag. it was a ruff trip out there. now i need a bigger boat!! how did everybody else do? i saw afew guides around but did not see fish.

i guess santee is letting you go inside the bouy markers. there was 4 boats there. one tied up to the peir. the guard was out watching them fish. who knows. ill be out there next sat also. i hope this helps you all
    water temp 69.7
    depth 25-64 ft humps
    herring