Anybody going striper fishing?

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by PAWPAWME, Apr 6, 2008.

1. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    THE STRIPERS START RUNNING IN THE ETOWAH REAL SOON. ANYBODY AROUND CARTERSVILLE THINKING ABOUT GOING CAN GIVE ME A PM AND MAYBE WE CAN COMPARE IDEAS.

2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    The stripers are coming, I caught a 13 pounder from the Coosa Saturday. Stripers will be runnin' up the Coosa, Etowah, and Oostanaula Rivers for the next month or 2. I catch some nice ones from the Coosa and Oostanaula, but haven't fished the Etowah much.

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The stripers are fun to catch they put up a good fight

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I went fishing for a couple hours last night in my home river, the Oostanaula. I caught 4 stripers between 6 and 10 lbs. and man they were fun to catch. I also caught 2 cats, and one was a 27 lb. blue, which is a big fish for this river. I didn't take any pics of the stripers because if you don't revive and release them immediately they will belly up on you. I did get a good shot of the blue though.

Attached Files:

5. jpb

jpb New Member

State:
    NE Marietta
    TRYING TO GET THERE FRIDAY MIDDAY. ARE YOU USING BLUEGILL FOR BAIT ?

6. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yes, I catch stripers and cats on the same trip that way.

7. jpb

jpb New Member

State:
    NE Marietta
    CAUGHT 4 LB STRIPER ON A WHITE GRUB AND A GOOD BUNCH OF BREAM. WENT UP THE ETOWAH TO THE FIRST BIG ROCK BEFORE BOLING PARK AND THEN DRIFTED BACK DOWN.

8. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Can you fish any of these rivers from the bank and have a chance at catching stripers?

9. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yes, you can catch them from the bank. I've caught lots from the bank the last several years.

10. jpb

jpb New Member

State:
    NE Marietta
    THERE ARE SEVERAL PLACES BEHIND BOLING PARK WITH BANK ACCESS. WE WERE FISHING IAROUND THAT AREA AND THATS WHERE MY DOL CAUGHT A 4 LBER.

11. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    MY SON-IN-LAW WENT OUT SUNDAY,DOWN BELOW LADDS FARM SUPPLY ON 113,HE CAUGHT 5 STRIPERS BETWEEN 4-9LBS.I CAUGHT 3 THAT WERE SMALL-2-3LBS.WE WERE FISHING OFF THE BANK USEING LIVER AND YELLOW GRUBS WITH WHITE LEADHEADS.

12. jpb

jpb New Member

State:
    NE Marietta
    WAS THAT THE PARK ON UHARLEE RD.? THATS WFERE WE PUT IN AND HAVENT DONE TOO GOOD. MUST BE HOLDING OUR MOUTH FUNNY.

13. PAWPAWME

PAWPAWME New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    WE WERE FISHING RIGHT WHERE THEY BUILT THE NEW BRIDGE ON 113.