Anybody going out this looong weekend?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Brandon829, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I was wondering if anybody was going out this long weekend and could use a partner. I'm in the Georgetown/Lexington area.

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I might go I will give you a shout if I do .Maybe some rod and reel and jug fishing ..My plans may change between now and then and if they do I will be going to Warfork in jackson co. to camp with family and trout fish .

3. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We have a place here in Georgetown that you catch trout in all day. It's called Royal Springs. It's the only cold water spring that runs through here. We've probably caught close to 30 so far. They actually stock it, 2 to 3 times a year. Thats some gooooood eatin

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I do come up their with the kids and sometimes limit out . It is one of the few places they stock in August ! Warfork is more of an WV experience small remote stream with the possibility of hunting some tree rats ! Plus I can let the dogs run a little .And the kids get to swim etc.....It is only in Jackson county KY .Daniel Boone National Forest .

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  5. ae_ted

ae_ted Guest

I am going to Swan lake or if I get my garmin 160c(hope it is a good one) from wally world shipped in and installed I will go to Ky lake. Any one interested in going jugging on Swan lake let me know. be warned...the big head carp are indeed a boating hazard there.