Anybody going out Friday? - IN Missouri?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigmagic, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I'll be out Friday trying to catchem again. I am skipping today since they are calling for high winds(gusting to over 40mph). Spoonfish you gonna be out? I plan on fishing Saturday with my son-n-law. Hope to see some of you out there. MrT says they are generating(must be mornings) so they should be biting. If the snaggers get too bad I'll slip up to Truman but usually they don't bother me too much.

Wolfie I was going to add to your reputation comments but I couldn't figure out where to put the bad comments(just kidding Jess). Although I'm not accepting any of them lame excuses for not fishing. I know yer just hen pecked.

With all the discussion on how to locate shad I thought we might share our methods in the get together on Truman. I'll try to put something together either a video or demonstrations on my boat. It ain't rocket science but everyone needs to know how. See ya on the water!

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Gotta work tomorrow Ron or I would love to join you. I have a couple of friends coming down from Iowa tomorrow night and plan to hit the water sat. and sun. Have been puting in alot of hours working, even worked all last wk. end so you know its bad as I never do that LOL. Have had several homes to do all at once here lately so weve been running pretty hard. We picked up several builders down at lake ozark by the toll bridge in porta cima and the villages sub divisions so the drive time is only about 45 min. compared to going to kansas city and driving a couple of hours each way. I'm about ready for a break and need to get some fishing in, havent been out in a few weeks so I'm due. May see you out there this week end. Good luck tomorrow..

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Don't look like Im going to make it out this wk. end either. My buddies called from Iowa today and said it was snowing some there. They all calling for it to be cold and rain tomorrow nite and sun. here. Decided we would wait, maybe next wk. end... Looks like the fish are safe for another week.
    Ron did you make it out today?
    Wolfie we can allways have your neutered....:blink:

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I left work early and high-tailed it to Warsaw to fish below the dam. 3 hours and not a bite - was trying to find some walleye and found out afterward that the conservation department had been there earlier in the day electro-shocking up in the "no boats" area and taking all the walleye the got back to the hatchery to milk them. No wonder nothing was biting...

They had one spillway open just a trickle in the afternoon and I saw a few catfishermen with big surf rods - one pulled in a 3 or 4 pounder and that's the only fish I saw taken all day...

Tempted to head back down on Sunday even though it's supposed to be rain and snow. Probably do better to just stay home and watch TV though...

5. elvenbane1

elvenbane1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry just trying to post some words so I can view the pic.