Anybody go out last night

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Thinking about heading out this evening. Anybody been out since Friday?

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    That is possible cause the charts say it is cresting. I am not sure when the begin to lower them but it would make sense when it starts to fall they wouldnt need them open.

3. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Ya i was out last night. I just woke up got home around 6 am. It was one of the best bites I have ever been on for total fish. The biggest we caught was 30lbs. The fish were hittin like freight trains and even had one been my driftmaster down pretty good. Anways we boated over 30 fish and ran out of bait so we were forced to go home. Good night to say the least. I just hope it dont shut off again. HAHA

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
  5. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    We fished Sunday around the confluence of the Illinois/Sippi area and Grafton from about 1PM to 7PM and caught a 22lb drum and 3 small channel cats. We lost a really good fish that snapped my 40lb leader. Wish we could have stayed later for the evening bite but we had our 5yr olds with us and they were crying for their mama's.:wink:

6. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Where did you guys put in at Bill? I like to fish that stretch but typically put in a Cuivre Rivre when I do. there has got to be a better spot than that.

7. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Dan,
    We put in at my Dad's friends place that he's known for a long time. It's a private ramp on the Dardenne Slough. I have also put in close to there at Riverside.

8. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Dan,
    Is the Cuiver ramp all muddy and nasty as usual? Are the Asians bad there?

9. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I don't know about culver ramp but the columbia bottoms ramp was muddy this morning. I also had to remove small logs ect just to launch

10. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Thanks Patrick-I think I might be putting in there this week.