Anybody Fishing!!!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by cougar, Nov 10, 2006.

1. cougar

cougar New Member

State:
    Green Ridge, Missouri
    All the talk lately has been about the boat ramps. Has anybody had thier poles in the water? Good or Bad? Thanks!

2. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Haven't fished for cats lately, the crappie bite has been really sloooooooow lately...and what I've seen caught are 6-8 inches or so.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Went out the weekend before Halloween. Nothing but a couple of dinks. Think I'm heading to the Riverfront Park ramp tomorrow and see if I can a) get the boat in the water and b) get a hook in something worth reeling in. Probably not going to do any good with the cold moving in, but I"ll post up if I catch anything.

4. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    a buddy of mine caught a 40 and a few dinks yesterday on the mississippi we are going out sunday ( 10/12 ) will post the results

5. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I was thinking about trying to catch a walleye on a jig and minnow around the St. Louis area ------ anyone know anything about this? I could use some help....

6. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Went out on the Mississippi thursday, caught a few dinks. The walleye should start gathering behind the dams.

7. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Talked to my kid yesterday, caught a 41.5 flattie on a gill except he lives in Arizona! Don't know anyone around SW Missouri that's doing anygood:confused2:

8. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    caught 8 fish today 5 under 5 pounds ( channels ) 3 blues 12. 17, and 27 pounds took pics but camera ended up in the bait tank letting it dry for a couple days if it still works will post pics

9. CQuest

CQuest New Member

State:
    St.Peters, Missouri
    I know about catching them below the dams. I like to use a 1 1/2 oz jig head with a twister tail and a trailer hook off the main hook. Tip the main hook with a large shiner and then bounce the jig off the bottom where you find humps in 20 -40 feet of water.Spider wire or some kind of braided line is best along with a medium sensitive tip on a 7' pole. A good strong trolling moter with a couple of batteries are recomended!

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Havnt been fishing any myself, mostly alot of deer hunting. I was on hand to see my best friend take a 170 inch typical 12 point this past weekend and it sure did my heart good to see a good friend take one monster of a whitetail. I'm probably not going to fish much till february or so. I'm going to spend some quality time with my wife and kids, and maybe take them to do a little Crappie fishing. Cant wait to get goin after those Cats again though. Good Luck to everyone fishing this winter. Be extra carefull as its awful hard to swim with all the winter clothes on. God Bless to the all the BOC bros/sisters and their families during the upcoming holidays.

Attached Files: