Anybody fishing this weekend?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by whiskers9512, Aug 3, 2007.

1. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Heading out tonight to check out some holes! Good luck to all that are fishing tis weekend. Try to report how i do in the morning.

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Good luck! Leave a few for tomorrow...:wink:

3. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    No fishing for me this weekend.:sad2:

4. Missouribreaks

Missouribreaks New Member

State:
    missouri
    I started fishing this weekend on Monday! LOL!
    Just got a little early start, that's all.

5. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Was gonna go tonight but have to take the kids to Omaha zoo. tomorrow. Good luck.

6. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Didn't do to hot tonight, only caught 1 small flathead on a sand flat with a live shad. Bugs were so thick you couldnt hardly drive the boat. We only fished for about three hours.
    Mabye will have better luck on saturday!:big_smile:

7. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Man this weather needs to break!!! Fished for 3 hours but did land a nice bass no whiskers though. Fish finder showing the fish at about 10-18 feet water temp still at 84 to darn hot but got go fishing!!!:smile2:

8. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That's why I don't day fish during the summer. Everywhere you want to fish during they day seems to be right in the sun. I get on the water with enough daylight to get bait and get set up before sunset. I usually crash around 3 am or so and after I change bait for the last time around 5 AM, I sleep till the sun wakes me up and I'm on the way home. Probably missing out on a lot of great fish during the day, but I'm just not dedicated enough to sit out and melt all day for one. I've gotten to where I know the stretches of river I fish as well by night as I do by day, so it's just easier and more comfortable to fish it at night. Also less people (not really a problem on the river) and the bite seems to be a lot better (not that I'd really know, haven't been on the water in daylight since early May:wink:). Good Luck!

Branden

9. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Branden,His son and I hit the river last night down at lexington Fished till this morning.Had a great time! We landed a 5 pounder about midnight and then about 3:30 we got woke up by the drag slipping on Brandens real and he landed a nice 15 pound blue!

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    It was a great time! Eric (my son) is already asking when we can go again. Great to meet you Blake, we'll have to do it again soon.

Branden

11. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Too hot even up here in MO.. Sighhhh...

12. hardtime

hardtime New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We went Sunday and didn't really catch anything. 9lb blue, 5lb flat and a couple small channels... and alot of gar. But one thing we did well on was the shad. First throw, we had enough for fishing all day plus a bunch for the vacuum freezer bags. :wink:

13. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i went out tonight for three hrs. 7 fish 18 pounder the biggest, fishing the mississippi , fish were very active about 9 pm then slow down about midnight, all were in about 40 ft. of water off a drop. going out sat. morn. about 4 am, ill post up date

14. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I might try to slip away late saturday night and head to concordia lake to get shad ,no fishing this weekend ,but will be at lexington next weekend

15. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    We are hitting L/D 25 this evening for a couple hours.

Cuz was supposed to be out last night, no report yet.

16. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I'm going out this evening for a late nighter. I might check with Cuz and see if he is interested in going.....I need to find his new little honey hole!:tounge_out::roll_eyes:I wanted to go out with him last night, but some people have to work at night! Lol. I thought about calling off, but that would have went over like a lead balloon!!

17. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Yeah! But it sounds like it would have been worth it!

18. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Headed out tonight to fish the tailrace below Truman. Got a 80 pounder with my name on it to catch.....:cross::0a23:

19. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Yeah, it probably would have been. If it wasn't for the fact that our plant was shut down last friday and this monday due to a power outage. I would've been there. 2 days without pay is hard to swallow let alone 3 days. Plus, my vacation time is getting slim!!!!:angry:I'm just gonna have to try my hardest tonight, that's all!!!!!!!:big_smile::big_smile:

20. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Troy, Thats funny, it looks like you accidently put a zero on your predicted fish. We easties know you meant to say an 8 pounder has your name on it!:byebye: