Anybody fishing this weekend? (19, 20, 21)

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by JPritch, Jan 18, 2008.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I wanted to fish all three days, but looks like Saturday is going to be rain/snow all day. Sunday is mid 30's but really windy (13-25mph). Looks like Monday is the only viable day in the low 40's and moderate wind.

I haven't fished in three weeks and need to go. So if Monday is all I can get, then I'll be fishing it. Might do Sunday too if I feel like putting up with the wind, but will have to stay upriver. A little concerned about possible icing on the ramps in the mornings with overnight temps in the teens.

Good luck to all who go!

2. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I agree, the weather looks bad for the weekend. JW and I are trying to get a trip up for next weekend, Fri, Sat, Sun. Hope the weather improves.

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    going to be to cold in in. 6 degrees & thats southern in. :smile2:

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thank Goodness my daughter is in a Vollyball Tournement Sat and Sun. Being a dutiful Dad, I will be there cheering her on and not freezing my butt on the river. For thems that go, have fun and be safe. I fell overboard on Dec 13 1972 and can tell you from first hand experience, it was awful.

5. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yeah man me and my friend river cat rat are going on sat. come rain, sleet ,snow ,or shine!!This storm coming in is a good thing always have good luck in winter when storms coming in.:cool2:If your out there on sat. we are in a green 17ft. john with center console. just look for two good ole boys freezing their butt off!!

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    If you can remember the exact date from 35 years ago, then yes, it must have been a pretty awful experience!

7. Halifax

Halifax New Member

State:
    Chester ,Va
    Gonna fish Mon and tues. Got a friend coming down from West Va and wants to go bad. So we'll be there.

8. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Good luck guys it is going to be a little cold up in columbus ohio for me a low of 0 on sunday morning.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i aint in va but temps in high 40s low 50s yes im going.

10. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'll be out for a few hours today, the boat landing is a weak place to fish but last weekend a couple guys caught a fish that was worthy for being "large" at the boat landing......not really large to the BOC standards.
    If I go fishing and I don't expect to catch anything which is now everytime I go. I practice my casting. I just bought a 10ft pole and that's almost twice my height so I can't cast it worth a crap.
    Good luck to fishing don't freeze.....

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    How'd it go today man? Catch any from the bank? I know how it is being stuck to the bank, however, it makes that first boat that much sweeter!