Anybody fishing the Walnut River this weekend?

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by smhmc6, Jul 1, 2008.

1. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    With the Winfield ramp destroyed by the recent flooding, I was excited to learn that the Ark. City ramp is open this week. Not sure for how long, but it was open yesterday, and I'm sure it will be open over the weekend. They've been doing some paving to the roads in the park down there and I've been wanting to put in there for about a month or two but its been closed. If anyone is down there this weekend and they see a 14' tracker jon boat hauled around with a black sliverado and with a tohatsu outboard and a rod holder on the back, come say hi cause its me. I plan on putting on the river every evening and staying out late. I'm pretty excited that the park is finally open.

2. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Good luck Steve. The holiday weekend is looking to be great weather wise.I will be out everyday myself starting Thursday.

3. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Goin fishin statrtin Thursday ?? Thats it I'm telling the Boss !! :smile2::smile2:

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Your right Tom the weekend is looking good !! Had an ol buddy invite me to go fishing with him at Harlen res. :cool2: We have'nt fished together for at least five years or so. I'm looking forward to it. Everyone have a safe weekend catch lots of big ones and no Roman candle fights !!!:smile2::smile2:

6. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    No Bottle Rocket Fights Then Either??

7. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    hows anyone suposed to have fun no roman fights or bottle rocket fights lol.........:smile2:everyone have a good weekend and catch alot of cats i know i am goin to be tryin to catch me a few..:smile2::smile2:

8. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Well good luck to you Vic.Nothing better than getting together with old freinds and have a fishing trip together is even better.

Hope you catch a Big-in

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    I second what Tom just said.