Anybody fishing the river in Arkansas

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Steve W, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Steve W

Steve W New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Bite has been off and on.Jan 22 t0 26 2006

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Mac and I fished the river last Wednesday, our primary fish was skip jack for bait but went to the where the hot water outlet empties into the river because the skips were bitting very slow. Mac caught a blue around 2 to 3 pounds and hung another which wrapped him around a log. We were fishing out of London,Arkansas at the nuclear plant.

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :) Been catching fish toward scranton pretty regular.....Went to Blue Mountain on sunday...It is really low...Dangerous due to low levels...Caught a few channel cats...The other fisherman was catching some good crappie.:cool: Hope to go on the 20th...It's a holiday for us at work.:rolleyes:

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    fished below the lock at ozark friday night. 1-27-06 good channel cats on whole shad 11/2 tto 3 lbs. caaught limit

5. rushryder

rushryder New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Sam are you still tearing them up on that punch bait? Do they sell that at the bait shops around here?

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    RR, I am sure sam uses Danny Kings dip bait. The bait is good stuff!!:)

7. jetdrive

jetdrive New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I am new here and I wanted to answer TopSgtLawerence's pm. I could not reply to your pm, because I haven't made 20 posts yet. But I will let you know I live in Bismarck,Arkansas which is between Hot Springs and Arkadelphia close to lake Degray. I normally fish the Ouchita river and occasionally the lake.

8. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    My son live on the Ouachita river down in Louisiana, some good cats in there are there good cats in the river at your area. Oh, by-the-way WELCOME to the B.O.C.

9. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    :) Rusrider...Yes I use Danny Kings punch bait...You can get it at Bills bait and tackle in clarksville or the tacklebox in Ft. smith..I also pick some up when i go fish tournaments for my friends..{my partner makes the stuff}
    Send me a private message if interested. I been using it lately at a small lake not far from my house. Last week i went 3 times bank fishing after work and totaled around 35 fish on 3 outings;)

10. BIG JAKE

BIG JAKE New Member

Does Anyone Fish Below The 3 Dams On The Ouachita River At Hot Springs? Any Luck?

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have not fished that area of the river. I have fish the river at Monroe Louisiana and have done good. there are some nice cats in that river.

12. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    Went fishing at toad suck thursday night as the cold front came in, had no luck but saw alot of gar and bass hitting the water. Does the warm temperature make the catfish move more often? i figured it did, tryed before the sleet came in but didnt even get a nibble.

13. hotrod98s

hotrod98s New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    hello, i am going to Ozark around the 15th of march, on vacation.
    was wondering if anyone, could tell me good place to fish below lock there, directions to fish, and if they have boat access, and where.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

14. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    hot rod
    i fish ozark some if they are running water you can do pretty fair. i bank fish but see people doing better from a boat up close to the dam dont get above the signs.to get to the power house take 23south off of 40 go to 64 and take a left go to 23 south and go across the bridge take a left at sigh power house and campground. this is for bank fishing. i think the boat ramp is on other side of river ask any of the locals and im sure they can tell you.
    boliver lots of luck

15. hotrod98s

hotrod98s New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    hey, thanks boliver. my entire family goes to Cass every year
    to go atv riding. we usually stay down around Byrds, on the mulberry river.
    have never had much luck trying to catch fish in those waters.
    have also fished the upper white river below beaver. pretty good fishing there. i do a lot of fishing in the Arkansas near webbers falls, so when i learned that they had the lock there at Ozark, i knew this year, i would return ready to do battle. lol. I appreciate all the info. any more i could get, say maybe some place to get bait, catch shad, or anything else would be great.
    thanks.

16. boliver

boliver New Member

State:
    Rudy Ark
    i bank fish and shad are hard to come by in the winter but i see the boat guys going back down to the boat ramp and coming back soon i feel the are getting more shad.be sure and watch the signs and dont get closer than they are to the dam.i think they watch it pretty close. most of my winter fishing is either for sauger or crappie. although i try for cat pretty often but usually withliver or stink bait.good luck on your trip

17. skint_back

skint_back New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey man i live in glen rose right outside of malvern and me and my buddy fish that river a lot. weve started goin to redfield on the arkansas river about 6 months ago. we never had much luck on ouchita but man we are really tearin em up on the arkansas.you can sit at the boat ramp and throw out towards the middle of the river with cut bait and catch 30 lb. blues like crazy.right there at tar camp in redfield.

18. skint_back

skint_back New Member

State:
    arkansas
    hey me and my dad made a remote control boat that we send up to the dam to drop our lines. it has a top and wont sink even if it rolls. pretty cool huh. dads idea. i think he should patend it and make a profit.

19. skint_back

skint_back New Member

State:
    arkansas
    ive found that in cold weather the cats gather in the deep holes. in the winter months we go around using our graph to find the deep spots and hit em hard. its hard to do much good in the winter months.

20. skint_back

skint_back New Member

State:
    arkansas
    yeah i fish from remmel dam to donaldson pretty regular. the best pace ive found for cats there is right up next to the dam and about a mile down stream there's a rock with a little tree grwing beside it . theres a big hole down stream in front of that rock. never fails every time i pull one out there.