Anybody fishing the Missouri River?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MO RIVER MAN, Sep 15, 2006.

1. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Has anybody been doing any good on the Missouri River? Ive been working a lot lately and have'nt been going Out.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Goodness sakes gailforce winds,debri in the water including a rather large plastic barrel,not one single solitary bite.Most discourageing,the forces of nature for whatever reason are conspiring against me this year as I am unable to catch anything other than a small nasty gar at my last outing. I so wish someone expeirenced with a boat would go with me and maybe then I would have some success I don't know,but this is not good as it stands now. Sincerely hope you have better luck than me.-----------pk:crazy:

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I have'nt been for a couple of weeks , was going to go tonight but we had very high wind and storm warnings .

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Was thinking of going in the AM. Although I have an itching to stick a deer with an arrow. Probably will try and do that instead this weekend.....

5. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Well I'm going anyway tell ya how I do later.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Have fun Brother, above all!!!

7. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I have got skunked on the mo and miss for the last two weekends but gonna try later on this evening.

8. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Had one good bite that was it. I did see guys checking throw lines had two channels about 7 or 8 pounds.

9. DittmeRhino

DittmeRhino New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't know about the Missouri, but the lower Gasconade has been slow for a couple of weeks. I stayed off the river this weekend to catch up on honeydo's while fishing is slow, but it is Saturday night, and I am wishing that I could be on the water! (I know fishing is addictive, because I am suffering from withdrawal.)

10. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    went this weekend and couldn't really tell you how good the bite is, the weather chased us off several times. friday- got the boat in about 7 p.m. hit the rocks for some bait no bait but did manage small flathead. so used chubs bought from store and hit a wing dyke. one pole live one pole cut, 5 minutes later had a hard run set the hook and chubb ripped off, no hits on cut. hit a couple more dykes then spotlight stopped working so came in.

saturday-got out about 7:30 a.m. tried for bait yet again-nothing but a few bites, moved spots and no more did the bait hit the water and boom rod bends and its on for 10 seconds until he broke my brand new spooled 50 # test big game line. wind was blowin about 40-45 so headed in and went for carp off the bank. 10 minutes later ended up with 15 pound carp, in other words 15 pounds of bait. so went back out at 7:30 p.m. set up on dike couple hits, then set up on flat nothing and storm chased us off river.

sunday-woke up to find that river was about four foot up and ramp was pretty much under water, decided to head home.

all in all the weekend would have been good if it wasn't for the bad weather.

11. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have had some luck the last couple of weeks up around St. Joseph, MO! I went out thursday evening, caught a 44#er and one just under 18#s, those were both Blues! The Thursday before i went out after the Flatties, caught 4, total weight 48 #s! The biggest was 28#s! It was a pretty good time, since i have been after the blues all summer! Well, this weekend, we went out for a while saturday in the 30-40 mph wind and got skunked! I must have just hit them just right the last couple weeks! Good Luck!

12. roofermike

roofermike New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    Fishing was off, in the JC MO area, everyone I talked to said it was slow, we were only able to catch a small flathead (2-3#) and a couple really small blues. Hopefully the fishing will pick back up.