anybody fishing the hooch

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by rodney07, Mar 19, 2008.

1. rodney07

rodney07 New Member

State:
    Richland Ga.
    Are there anybody that fishes the Chattahoochee between Riverbend and Georgetown?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    not familar with that area, but down around ft benning the catfishing is excellent.

3. NCHawghunter

NCHawghunter New Member

State:
    Alamance County North Car
    I used to fish Riverbend all the time growing up in Georgia. Some nice catfishing in that area.

4. swamp stomper

swamp stomper New Member

State:
    GA.
    I fish from Riverbend north to Columbus. Theres no fish north of River Bend stay away!! Just kidding! Really good fishing all through both areas. I've fished
    out of Hatchachubee once with a friend for bass but thats it that far south.
    Riverbend sure is a fishy area I plan on fishing it alot more there are some creek chanels and deep spots between some of the islands that I plan on Investigating!! Some of the areas be careful in they go from deep to 3 feet in a hury I saw guys flyin through the area during a FLW tourn. in their 40K bass boats and it makes me cringe becuse there alot of stumps and logs! But I guess they can aford it!!

SS

5. NCHawghunter

NCHawghunter New Member

State:
    Alamance County North Car
    You're right, there are no fish north of River Bend. ESPECIALLY in Columbus. Whatever you do, stay AWAY from the mouth of Bull Creek....I can assure you, there are NO fish there. :wink::smile2:

6. jeeper70

jeeper70 New Member

State:
    ga
    i caught it with my quantum torsion rod and ss3 reel with 14lb test and live nightcrawler
    22lbs and 34"
    big one of the new year!!!
    also had fun with a 10lb carp on my ultra light rod and reel!two days later:smile2:

Attached Files:

7. jeeper70

jeeper70 New Member

State:
    ga
    here a few more nice ones in the 5lb range

Attached Files:

8. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Congrats Jason those are some pretty decent catches. Welcome to The BOC.
    I can't wait to get down to Columbus in late June early July for vacation.
    I'll be hitting the Hooch. :wink:

9. rodney07

rodney07 New Member

State:
    Richland Ga.
    They had a catfish tournament out of Florence Marina and had some good weigh ins. One man had four fish with total weight of 69 lbs. with the biggest being a 34 lb Blue. Didn't catch any big one myself but had a great time

10. RangerLuft

RangerLuft New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Trying to head to Columbus soon