Anybody fishing New Year's day?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Dec 29, 2008.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I want to go somewhere, if I can find bait. Scott - got bait? May try Monty or Murray, don't know where, I just have a case of cat fever. Any bait near Spinner's? They are only open Friday - Sunday during the winter. How about it Smackdowner's, anybody game for some slymetyme?

God Bless All,
    Steve

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Steve, We may go, but not sure yet. Pat and I headed to G-wood Wed, and Bruce and I will fish somewhere Sat.

3. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I may fish somewhere Saturday myself. Looks like a decent day weather-wise. Friday looks like its going to be warm with good winds, but wet. If it stays with just showers it might be a good day anyway. I ran the report for Newberry and Columbia to get an idea about Monty and Murray, but did not look at Greenwood or Wylie. I haven't fished Wylie in over a year, it might be a good place to go.

God Bless All,
    Steve

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Steve, don't fish Wylie this week. The bite seems to be on the way out right now for some reason. If that changes with the warm weather I will let you know. Last week it was really good and has slowed down ever since.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We'll be back at it Saturday. Bowl games New Year's day. :wink:

BB in SC

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Well my wife has got a Party at my house New Years Eve that will last till about 2:00 am:eek:oooh:. So I guess fishing the next day is out the window as I'll probably get "Man-Colafied" !:big_smile:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I guess you meant: Man Colafried!!! :wink:

BB in SC

8. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Don't you know man-cola's make your hair fall out?

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: I guess I'm gonna stay bald forever!:smile2:

10. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Been calling around. Riverwinds at the bridge on 391 will be open on the 1st and have frozen herring, shinners, and cut bait. I'm still trying George's on Macedonia Church rd, but haven't got an answer yet. I've been told he has shad and herring.

God Bless All,
    Steve

11. Rev Geins

Rev Geins New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Is anyone going to be on Greenwood Fri or Sat? Where is a good place to put in? I have been on the lake before but as you may know I need as much help as I can get. LOL

What would be best bait?

Rev Geins

12. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Hey Rev, the best place to put in is probably gonna be Double Bridges, which is the next ramp down from Tower Point, in Waterloo, on the Reedy River. There's always good water there. From there, go straight out, hang a left and you'll hit the big water. As for bait, I learned long ago from the Smackdown Gods (pop pop and Patman) that shrimp is the way to go on Greenwood for channels.

Unfortunately, I won't be on the water Friday or Saturday. My brother-in-law said that the wild pigs are tearing up the hollow on the back of his land, so I aim to get down there and bust two or three of 'em. Gotta get some pork in the freezer.....

13. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Rev, I may try Greenwood Saturday. I always put in at Reeder's on 221 at the bridge. They charge $5, but its a good ramp and nobody has ever messed with my truck there.

God Bless All,
    Steve

14. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Okay guys,

George's Live Baits is open tomorrow morning and has large herring. I've got 2 other guys from church going, so one of them is bringing his 30' pontoon. We probably won't hit the water until about 9:00, going to let it warm up a little first. I hope the water has cleared up since Saturday before Christmas when it was so muddy.

I'll let you know how we do afterwards.

God Bless All,
    Steve