Anybody fishing Lake Badin or High Rock ??

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shark, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Whats going on anybody fishing? Not many posts. I heard the NC Cats club done pretty well on High Rock.

2. McDreamy

McDreamy New Member

State:
    nc
    been too hot and have been in hickory every weekend so i havent had time to go hopefully will get to this weekend

3. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    been to hot for me to fish that and i have been stuck at work.

4. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I've been doing alright but mostly fishing at night. Too hot during the day and too many boaters.

5. ike9389

ike9389 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    we went up the river to fish a couple deep holes last week and the lake was down. when we came back down 5hrs later we were hitting the bottom in places . the river had droped a foot or more . it is hot and going down a little every week , we need rain bad , this 90+ heat and no rain is bad for the fishing.

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    It has been pretty hot lately. I've been getting out on Sun. afternoons the last few weeks. did pretty good last week for blues. got one in the high teens and two in the upper 20's. also got some nice channel cats. I was drifting with slip floats set 10 ft. down over 40-60 ft. of water. fish are suspended and scattered. had to cover a lot of water to find those. No hits on the bottom rigs. I was at Badin. let me know whenever you want to go out Tim. It's just been to darn hot for me to get to serious about fishing! I been having to jump in the water just to cool off. Good luck, see ya