Anybody fishing East Fork lake in Ohio

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Top CAT, May 12, 2006.

1. Top CAT

Top CAT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Back in tunnel mill we are getting lots of hits but they are not taking the bait any tips needed THANKS.

2. billsbengals

billsbengals New Member

State:
    cincinnati
    not to far from me. maybe me & my 2 sons will come out and try fish there this year. then that happen's to me i just keep checking my bait and puting it back out there

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    pickers are a tough problem. If you are fishing for just food i recomend a stinger hook. tie your hood that you use for bait and about a foot behind it but a treble hook. u will almost always snag them with this one (only do this if u plan to eat then, because this is VERY hard on fish). but when we have pickers we often bait then end of the hook with something very tasty. we use nightcrawlers mostly. Put your shad on and tip the hook with about 1/4 of a crawler. this will usually get them to hang on a second or two longer, long enough to hook them! good luck

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Stingers, & the "Terrible" hooks will help!! The secert is to have the pole in your hand ready after they start and then pull when they pull, even if it is just a bump!!!!!! I have about a 10% hook up ratio when the Muds do this and am dang proud of it toooo!!! :wink:

5. pescador

pescador New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if ur getting alot of hit try using a smaller hook