Anybody fishing central Ohio

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tspergin, Jun 2, 2007.

1. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    anybody going fishing in central Ohio this weekend

2. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I'll be on the river monday night. Can you get tues off or maybe a half day lol?

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i fished last night with one of my buddys. we had two runs at a lake, caught both. 38.6 flat and a 15. had a tourney tonight. they were biting pretty steady all night. nothing to brag about, we caught 6 flats and 3 channels. lost a couple of others on big baits. didn't place overall well, but won big channel honors. maybe the flats will grow from now till next tournament....rollo.

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Monday, Tues n Wed!!!!!

:003::003::003:

With the lines wet the whole time too.

:big_smile:

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You need to come down again and wet a line. There are a lot of better spots rather than where we were. We've been catching lots of cats but not much size. At least I haven't got the big ones in....Yet!!! :cool2::lol:

6. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I went to Salt Fork ast night with my wife (she fished with me Yea!) We were blessed to see Jim White and Steve Stefano (been sick for a year). The lake was the busiest I have EVER seen it (and I used to dock my boat there).
    5-10pm not a bite. used live chub, cut chub,live shad, cut shad, whole dead shad, live crappie, live and cut gill..... nada nyet nothing. Hope it rains I want another 1/2 foot of water in the river.

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It wasn't to bad on the Walhonding last night. I went with my old friend Thom, and Bigkatwilly of the BOC. My first flat was a 5.7 on my micro lite.lol Thom got a five pounder on a dead chub. I had a Smallmouth out all evening then around 10 PM a 13.12 Flat finally took him. I lost one on the bank at around 14 then woke up this morning with a 10.10 on a largemouth. Bigkatwilly let a very nice fish get past him when he set the hook and 35# line snapped. Dang it! It seemed that they were interested in live bait more than dead. Oh yeah after I baited up with the largemouth I tossed my bait basket back in, when Will went to get a live bait, they had all escaped! I think we would have had more good bites if it hadn't been for that.:sad2:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    seemed like the fishing was hotter towards the upper muskingum and its rivers than what i heard about south. there was alot of teams that fished dresden south that didn't do too well in the local tournament last night. must be the water them fish are drinkin!:big_smile:

9. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
  10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have water temps. on my boat. and i can honestly say they aren't much different from coshocton to sims creek right now. i think it has to do more with the area than the temps. just my opinion though:lol:

11. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I was out Thurs. night at Riverside, got my baits in around 10 pm and fished until 6 the next moring. I only managed a 15 lber, had only one other run the whole night. I don't understand it. The prime time has'nt been real busy for me. I know I can only fish one day a week and I did catch a 44 lber but I thought I would see a little more action. I guess I need to be more patient. I'm still new to this flathead thing. The water temp was 76 degrees, maybe they are in the spawn, I don't know. I still have alot to learn.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    phil, get into shallow areas now. logs, cutbanks, rock.. don't fish far from them . even 3 ft. put your baits at structure. most our fish was held up on the structure last night. we didn't catch anything big ,but u might just try something alittle diff. to get em...rollo:big_smile:

13. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    That's what I have been doing. I'll put one bait on the bank and two along the face of the stucture. I think it is just bad timing and the spot I try may have been hit already before I get there. I need to start targeting less obvious spots, pass up the big snag and sit on the "single" piece of wood that most people would pass by.

14. ga2oh

ga2oh New Member

State:
    ohio
    the scioto isn't producing anything big so far i've pulled out 4 & 5 pounders so far.

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    another place that i look for around spawn you may look for phil, would be big root systems that overhanging trees have. especially as the river banks erode away. these create pockets in the bank that i think flatheads like for nesting areas. don't worry if you throw up by them and there is only a couple feet of water. fish them for 20 minutes or so then move on. we have alot of these areas up here where i fish do to faster current in high water. i dunno how much is around your neck of the woods though. just an idea:smile2:

16. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Monday I fished he Ohio River by the New Cumberland Dam. Only landed one 20# Flat and only had 2 decent hits in 14 hrs, ouch!!!!! What I did see is them pecking at the cut bait very lite a couple of times n then leaving during my whole time there, NOT GOOD!!!!!!! The water temp there was @ 70 degrees.

:dribble: