Anybody fishing central ohio this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tspergin, Jun 16, 2007.

1. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    just trying to see if anybody is going fishing in this area tonight

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just got home Tony but sick as a dog. Gonna try and take a cat nap. If I get to feeling better I'll give ya a call.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i'm taking my uncle tonight, we are gonna hit the shallow muskingum...gonna see if i can scare the heck out of him with my jet through the riffles.. happy fathers day uncle!!!lol:lol:

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Tony Ill be at leibs Island sometime about 8ish, meeting some of the inlaws there

5. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Well after 3 phone calls Tony and I met up at the 146 boat ramp at Dillon and fished a few fun hrs, didnt do to bad I think we hookd up 8 cats ..Thanks Tony !

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Glad yall did well, maybe next time ol Tea will meet up with ya. Yesterday was just not a great day.

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    All, Liebs stunk last night we got there to the back side (by the Marina) and fished for about an hour and no bites. Using old Hotdogs and frozen shrimp, well my luck hung out and no bites :sad2:, then to top it off a boat anchored out about 50-75 yds right from where we were casting :sad2:. I was talking very loudly and explaining to my boys of how rude it was to take a boat where there are shore fishermen when there is a whole lake available to you LOL I couldnt see faces but they never left I just kept casting close to them. If they hadnt had kids onboard I wouldve probably said some other bad things. Well after about an hour (all I took from the van was just poles and seats and bait) we went to the other side of Liebs to meet inlaws (it was getting a little darker also and the lanterns were in the Van), we set up shop right on the canal (Bro in law "KNOWS"(sarcasm)) and thats where he wanted to meet.

I could only cast out maybe 10-15 yds due to alot of other fishermen out there :sad2: still using shrimp,dogs and as you guessed it no bites for the next couple of hours. My bro in law gets there and cant belive all of the people I sort of sarcasticly said "well it is Fathers day weekend" :lol:. He said he would check out where the spillway is and came back said there was no parking cause the drag races or something like that. It was not a productive night to say the least and I wasnt going to say anything due to my Father in law and Grandfather in law coming, it was mainly for them to see some of the grandkids again. Oh and while fishing the canal area a boat came thru that and took one of my lines with it. I thanked them out loud (without expletives :lol:) about warning that they were comeing thru I wished them well and that I hoped the rest of my line wrapped around the prop shaft :lol:.

So after all of that it is another reason to not like going to Buckeye I just needed the reminder :lol:

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey gary, first of all im sorry about the bad night. i have had them myself and they suck. secondly it sounds like you need a decent to good night out. buckeye is a good lake but i would say hotdogs and shrimp would be my preference for bait, unless your trying to catch the state record bullhead. lol:big_smile:.. maybe try some fresh cuts or live bait next time, then if it sucks you can degrade me on here instead of those fishermen .lol.. anyways, you call me some weekend when you want to go and i will take you out on the river. i promise you won't be disappointed. well, you won't go hpme mad!! lol ...rollo:big_smile:

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jason, I was trying to catch anything at this point. I have the week off July 4th week and we may be camping at Dillon for that week so hopfully I can get into some fish then. I also hope its not too hot to catch something that week LOL.

10. Ms. Whiskers

Ms. Whiskers New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Does anyone know of any small fishing spots near the Blacklick/Reynoldsburg Ohio area?

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Welcome to the BOC, always great to have another new member.

Buckeye Lake is about 10 miles east of ya Jennifer, full of channels.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jennifer are you just wanting a pond to go fishing in? If you go to Waggoner rd and go North till it dead ends into Clark road, make a left there is a Jefferson Park there that has a 2 acre pond. There is Bass/Carp/Cats and Blue gills that eat just about everything. But its a fun pond and park to take the youngens to.

And welcome the BOC

13. Ms. Whiskers

Ms. Whiskers New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Small ponds are exactly what I am looking for:smile2: I'll go to Jefferson Park this week! Thanks for the tip:big_smile:

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Sorry about you're awful luck Ryan. You need to ditch the Buckeye ocean or try to catch some shad. I could usually catch some small 1to 3 inchers right there at Liebs where the canal meets the lake. I know they put in that new parking lot since I last tried but it was mostly clear on bottom, no snags.

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Oh I know Skip I wasnt wanting to go to Buckeye like I said my bro in law knows it :roll_eyes:.

Ms. Whiskers (Jennifer) were you able to make it out to Jefferson Park? I think the best bait for cats is hotdogs with cheese but ive caught them on worm also but you will get alot of hits from the gills

16. Ms. Whiskers

Ms. Whiskers New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hi Gary! I drove by a couple of days ago to check it out. I saw the trail that I assume leads to the pond (if the pond is in a different spot, let me know:smile2:) I may go yet today or tomorrow for sure. I haven't been fishing since Sunday so I'm itching to go! Thanks again for telling me about the pond. I'm always looking for new little out of the way spots to try out:0a31:

17. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Not really a trail that goes to it. If you go all the way to the back where the restrooms are and you will have to walk about 100yds and the pond will be right there, if you have little ones that you want to teach its a good place for that. There are some fairly large Carp in there and at least one cat (probably about 3lbs) that I know of. Ive seen some bass and a whole bunch of gills. If you use bread the gills eat that stuff up for the carp and cat use hotdogs or something cheap. I usually bring all the old stuff from the fridge and try :lol:

18. codey72

codey72 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    me and my grandpa might be going to deer creek and set some bank lines and fish for channels

19. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im heading to the muskingum tonight out of dresden. my boss has been hounding me to take him. anyone else gonna be around?..rollo

20. joeczar

joeczar New Member

State:
    Parma, Ohio
    I am going to be campimg at Alum Creek Monday and Tuesday. I am taking my son and a buddy of mine and his 2 boys. We are going to rent a pontoon boat Monday night and give it hell out there. I will let you know how we did
    Joe