The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in kansas fishin??? I've been goin early and doing good lost a big one other day. Got to get bigger net. Anyone been to wilson blue fishin should b getting bigger there I hope

·
Registered
369 Posts
I plan on going tomorrow evening. I have my extra large shrimp ready to go. This is the time of year I start getting really big channels, so I'm stoked. As a plus any dove that flies by is fair game!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Robo-

Plan on hitting the water early in the morning. Haven’t been for awhile so I’m ready to see my rod get bent over. Which lake do you normally fish?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usually go to Milford. Went yesterday it was packed, I think there was alot of prefishin for the king kat tournament. I caught 10 eaters and 1 slot it was a tuff day. But btr than wrkin

·
Registered
50 Posts
Heck I went yesterday and caught 3 channels. Was only out for 2.5 hours though. I typically fish Cheney but we go to Milford every once in awhile.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Out a ways from sailboat cove mostly. You’ll have to let me know if your ever down this way, maybe we can hit the water.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If u go straight west of state park boat ramp to the islands they call them( not islands out of water but 10 ft of water surrounded by 30 to 40 ft) they show up on gps maps. You can go out there and catch eaters all day I've caught alot there but not many big ones alot 5 to 15 lbs

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I dont keep many either I jst call the 25 inch and smaller eaters. I go to texas every spring usually bring enuff home to last me. I do love some fish tacos though.

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
102 Posts
Usually go to Milford. Went yesterday it was packed, I think there was alot of prefishin for the king kat tournament. I caught 10 eaters and 1 slot it was a tuff day. But btr than wrkin
m

Worst day fishin?
Better than the best day workin’!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fished ElDorado 9-27. Saw a lot of bait fish along dam on humps and drop offs with fish underneath.
Drifted along dam over target areas and caught about 15. A couple just into the 25” slot. Several just under. All blues except a couple channels.
Got caught in the wind and was very happy to get back to the ramp.
helped a guy And his wife load his boat. We waited awhile and the wind let up just enough to make it manageable to load up.
All in all a good day. Almost pushed our luck too far though.

·
Registered
OkC Oklahoma
102 Posts
Fishing Overholser, OkC. Had some bait stolen. Saw one fellow catch a 10lb blue.
Water was pretty choppy when I first got here. I attributed it to the gates on the dam being open, especially when it calmed down in a matter of minutes. At 8:40pm, still nothing.
I am hearing fish breaking the surface, just not biting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts