Anybody Fishin Texas Lakes Or River

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by catfishermanstiles, Jan 25, 2006.

1. catfishermanstiles

catfishermanstiles New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Wondering If Any Body Fishin Any Lakes And River In Texas I Fish Lake Belton - Stillhouse And Granger Lakes Also Fish Little River Wonder If Any Body Familure With These And If They Fish Them Now Allways Looking For New Sight On The Light What Might Be Working Or If What I Do Might Work Like To Hear Feed Back Trying To Establish What There Fedback Might Be Thanks And When They Are Fishing I Prefer Night Now Days But Depends On Feeding Cycle Thanks Marshall
    You Can Reach Me Via PM

2. rpcathunter

rpcathunter New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    never been to any of those, and I'm not sure how far Ceder Creek is but that lake is full of nice blues.

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I have never fished those lakes or the river. I fish Lake Lewisville, Lake Grapevine and the Trinity River. Lake Lewisville has some really nice size blues which is what I uselly fish for there, I use live shad or gills sometimes cutbait but live is better. At lake Grapevine I only use chicken liver for channels uselly do really well there for them. When I fish the river I use all diffrent kinds of baits worms, liver, cured liver, shad/gills live or dead, and stink bait.

4. Knighthawk

Knighthawk New Member

I live 9 miles from Lake Belton and was raised on the Little River. Fish Belton frequently, I rate it fair for cats, usually bait a hole when I fish it. I am a member of the Central Texas Sportsman's Club on Lake Belton. We have a club house and private dock on the lake. The Club is hosting a Catfish Tournament on April 29th if you are interested.

KnightHawk

5. Knighthawk

Knighthawk New Member

I haven't fished the Little River in years. Land owners don't want you going in. I have 3 or 4 places I can get on starting at Holland down to Cameron. Seems more trouble than it's worth. I live so close to Belton lake that going to Stillhouse just not worth the trip. A hot spot that I fish a lot is Lake Fayette at LaGrange. Hot water power plant lake and a sleeper as far as cats go.

Knighthawk

6. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Knighthawk I mught have to show up on April 26th if I don't have to work. Do you have to be a member?

7. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    born and raised on Little River :wink: , have so many hot spot on Little River it will take me three day to put them all in. right now , the blues or bitin nice in cameron at the pump station. off crawfish ..also , take 1915 from buckholts , and hit Bryant Station..caught some nice blues their also. But when it warms up , the pump station in cameron , mile brigde ( 36,190&77 ) right outside of cameron , park under the bridge you'll have a nice time. also if you haven't heard of Sugar Loaf Mountain just outside of Gause.you can get those yellas their also .if you ever heard of elm greek , that creek hold some nice yella , channel and blues. after a good rain drop you a couple of lines in that creek. the best bait for channels and blues in that creek is earth worms. you can dig them right on the creek. go to www.milamcounty.org ... click on geography .. select river and creeks.click on the little blue dots. just about all of them has nice fishing spots. next time you want to hit little river drop me a line..

8. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Im new to the site, and im enjoying it here so far. I recently moved from Moffat Texas, which is right on lake Belton. A good place is Arrowhead Park, Rogers Park, and around the long bridge that goes to Gatesville. If you dock at the long bridge, and go under the bridge, stay straight, and if you go far enough, the water will get shallow. I have caught lots of catfish back in there. Another great place is Iron Bridge Park. Only downfall about Iron Bridge Park is that it has alot of bad activities that happen there at nite. I hope this helps.

Im now located in the Bryan/COllege Station area. If anyone knows any good spots around here, I would greatly appreciate it.

9. jedt

jedt New Member

State:
    Cameron,Texas
    Fished Belton a bunch in the past. I like anywhere from Owl Creek to the River. Although I have heard the mid-lake flats are good also from that part of the lake. I've always wanted to try the Cowhouse and drifting the Temple lake Park Flats as well, but I like the Long Bridge area the best.

10. joeb

joeb New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fish a creek or two close to my house.

I've caught one large channel cat (large for this creek), but now I'm not hooking any fish. They bite on the bait and fight for almost a minute before they send it back to me. I'm fishing with pieces of cut-up chicken.

What size hook should I be using? The fish I caught was 5-6 pounds.

Thanks,

Joe B.

11. peej

peej New Member

State:
    cameron,tx
    eagle claw...size 1 or 2...........

12. joeb

joeb New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks very much for the reply. I'll be paying those Creek Cats a visit tonight.

13. trinityman

trinityman New Member

State:
    texas
    hey james...i fish the trinity quite alot thru the arlington, grand prairie area...what area do you fish?...been hitting them pretty good...only catching channels though....the channels are hitting everything....i caught some monday on goldfish!....been seeing alot of places i fish now slow down....alot of people been going to these spots...used to be the only one going. I think more people are keeping the big ones now...fishing is nothing like it was even 2 yrs ago. i catch and release only. Guess i just need to find new spots, but without a boat its kinda hard....lol