Anybody fishin' Oconee lately ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by LureheadEd, Jul 26, 2008.

1. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Hi guys ! I'm a newbie on this site, man this is great ! So much info... My kid saw some noodle jug posts, we got a wild hair and put a bunch together this week... Gonna try Oconee in the next week or two...Our hunt club is near the dam, so I was wondering if it'd be better to fish up in the rivers (nearer to the house) or near deeper water around the dam... I imagine that the water temps are pretty high since it's mid summer, any ideas on how deep we should set the jugs ?....

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Welcome to the BOC Lurehead. Don't know much about Oconee but I'm sure some of the other guys can give you some tips.

3. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    C'mon, guys, I know somebody has had to have fished Oconee lately, ya'll give it up a little.... Or maybe you got skunked and don't want to talk about it...Well, I'm going this weekend with or without your help...If I can catch one or two I MIGHT post some pics for ya so that you'll remember what they look like....:smile2:

Or maybe on Sinclair ?

4. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    I guess with the big Catfish tourney coming up on Oconee nobody wants to give up any information.

5. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    Oconee is full of cats. Don't know why old massey hasn't spoke up. Up in either two rivers or where they meet are good places. I know that don't help much, pretty much the whole lake huh?

6. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Thanks, guys... Well, I guess if nobody wants to help a fellow BOCer out about this, then nobody can complain if I fish their honey holes this week !!!... When is the tourney ?... I've only been on here a couple of weeks and have'nt figured all this out...

7. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Read IDEA (Local Georgia Talk). Currently BassMassey is the biggest threat (even though dreadnaught does'nt think so).

8. Altamaha Terri

Altamaha Terri New Member

State:
    Jesup, Ga
    Welcome to the BOC LureheadEd. Glad that you could join us. There is a good group of people here. You will enjoy it.

9. Altamaha Terri

Altamaha Terri New Member

State:
    Jesup, Ga
    Yea we sure do need some info about the Oconee. I have never fished there before and don't know anything about it. Can't anyone help a fellow BOC sister out.:wink: