anybody fished out of needle rock?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by bigfisher17, Dec 7, 2008.

1. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    i went theyre a couple times and always wondered if anybody ever caught catfish out of needle rock ive only caught bass out of theyre not catfish and where would they be at?

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I don't know where that is,,

3. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    needle rock is just below bartlett where all the water is released down into a river which is needle rock i found this info from a tonto pass on the back:cool2:

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    gee, don't take this wrong, but still don't know where your talking about.
    gary

5. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Was there a few times last year and did'nt have any luck....I am sure it would produce if i spent some time scouting down river.

6. azfisher

azfisher New Member

State:
    arizona
    I haven't heard of anyone catching any big fish below bartlet. I have caugh some little chanels nothing over 2lbs and carp/suckers. If your fishing up at bartlet you should try bartlet flats/yellow cliffs area. This is a good spot for catfish, bass, crappie and you have a good chance to catch some good size fish. If you like river fishing sometime I go up to horseshoe and fish below the dam there still havent caught any monsters up there but sometimes you can do really do go on chanels. But then agian there might be some fish below barlet I have talk to people that have said a long time ago fishing was good for big flats there. Good luck! :big_smile:

7. DoubleJ007

DoubleJ007 New Member

I have heard of catching flats about a 100 yards donw river from the spillway, I have caught a few channel by the camp grounds. - no 4 wheel drive truck to make it thru the sand to the spill way.

Hope this helps. Let me know next time your going maybe we can put togetther a gameplan and find the right fishing holes :cool2:

TTYL