Anybody fished around Gallatin lately?

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by boswifedeb, May 15, 2008.

1. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    I'm hoping to get in some fishing this weekend around Gallatin. Has anybody been lately? Thanks.
    Debbie

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    They should be hittin, I would fish down stream from the 109 bridge I have never done very well up from there, but that stretch of lake holds some good fish and tons of holes to fish.

3. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    We bank fish, so we'll probably be around Lock 4 Road. Thanks for the help!:big_smile:
    Deb

4. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    Well use some fresh bait, I know the skips and the shad are running hard. And I might throw a fresh cut bluegill out there for kicks. Three different baits something gotta give one if them a try. At least a turtle.:smile2:

5. boswifedeb

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    :big_smile:You're not laughing about my turtle I caught last week are you?!? That was the catch of the night!:wink:
    Deb

6. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I used to fish upstream from the 109 bridge....especially around the steamplant intake...not the discharge. You usually don't have to much pressure there and there are some monster Flatheads lurking about there.

7. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i know that road like the back of my hand.
    before my dad gave me up we lived down there.

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This is all very interesting. I wish I would have known about these spots last winter when I was trying to find a spot to bankfish.

9. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    I hope this spawning crap is over with I fished out there a few times a couple of weeks ago and ended up with just one 5 lb channel. I am ready to give it a try again

10. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Where is this so-called lock 4 road???I can't figure it out..I hear about it all the time but no one I know can seem to explain to me where its at and my fishing partner doesn't have a clue he usually fishes Old Hick..I live in Trousdale county in Hartsville right up the road from Gallatin..I'm always looking for some honey-holes to do some bank fishing..