Anybody fish the San Marcos River around Luling?

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by Txbluecatman, May 14, 2008.

1. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I was just wondering if anyone had fished the san marcos river around luling. I noticed that they have a some what decent park off of Highway 90 with river access in it. I was thinking about trying my luck down their for the kitties.

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    There is a fellow that runs a bait shop in Lockhart says he fishes it pretty regular. He's done pretty well from what I've seen. Not sure about bait he's using but I know he usually fishes at night.

3. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the tip. I will have to look up this bait shop when I go to work today. You wouldn't happen to know where he is located. I have'nt seen one around town, but I have'nt really been looking either.

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    The shop is just on the north side of the light at FM 672 on 183, west side of the road next to the muffler shop, it's actually a fruit stand, but he's got live bait also. Pretty decent prices also.

5. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    I grew up fishing that river and in lUling where I was raised. Good channels and big yellows. Uncle brought by a 39.5 pd yella they caught on r/r baited with perch the other night. Last week I caught 6 or 7 good sized channels down there in about an hour farting around waiting around.
    It's an excellent area. Fish worms, punchbait or perch and hold on.
    Try the deep holes under the birdge, gravel bars and the bends in the river.
    Excellent little unknown fishery to many.
    Good Luck

6. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the tips. I'll be headed out there very soon!:big_smile:

7. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Good morning from N. Carolina, I'm in the military and on my way to AZ in August. Along the way I will be stoping in to visit family for about 2 weeks there in Luling and Lockhart. and to be quite honest it has been to long since I've fishing my stomping grounds and it sounds like you fellas know the waters quite well could you hook a brotha up. Not just good fishing from the bank but I will be hauling a 15' boat that I would like to get wet in Texas waters so possibly a good boat lauch. Thanks in advance.:0a23:

8. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    Welcome to the BOC. And thanks for your service. Well I have'nt fished the waters around Luling and lockhart much. But if you are willing to travel a little bit you got Calaveras and Braunig lakes near San Antonio. They offer great catfishing, bass, and redfish. If you want a smaller lake to try you got lake wood there in Gonzales, TX, I have'nt fished it either. If you need any advice or you got any questions you can pm me.