Anybody fish the river around Lexington?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BigChris, Jul 24, 2009.

1. BigChris

BigChris New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am taking my nephew to do some catfishing tonight and spotted what looked like some good spots I guess we will find out tonight but my question is what kind of bait should I take? never fished the Missouri river before, looking for the big cats :big_smile: thanks..

i

2. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Live bait if u can get some. Myself being boatless and no live well im stuck fishin with worms and livers unless i find mr frog on the bank then hes goin for a swim :wink: good luck tonight. If You fish down at the lexington river front park and there are people being fools down there you can always pack up and head to harden and fish the cruket river @ buffalo bridge or at the J highway bridge havnt fished at the J highway bridge location just yet but someone on here told me thats a good spot to fish when water is low @ buffalo bridge. Welcome to the Boc too

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Chris. The Lexington strech of the river is a good strech of river to fish. If you have a boat get behind the dykes in the slack water and try to get an asian carp in the boat. Shad, gar and pearch are also great baits. Hope you get into some good fish.

Tom

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    i fish around lexington all the time , freash shad or aisan carp is my bait of choice

5. BigChris

BigChris New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanks guys hope we do im boatless right now but come next spring Im gonna have one hopefully thanks again:big_smile:

6. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Welcome to the BOC Big Chris:big_smile:

Crooked river can be good. When water is low hit Jhwy bridge. After a good rain and water is up Buffalo Bridge can be good. I find it to be much better during spring rains, but if the river is running it's great anytime at Buffalo Bridge. There are a few places in between old lexington bridge and wellington that you can get on the river. Look for a old blue building just outside of lexington and drive straight to the river. There is a nice wing dike that you can easilly fish above or below from bank. Haven't been there in a looooong time, but need to. I hope you did well on the river:big_smile: