Anybody fish the Ohio along the Derby Indiana Area?

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishcatcher, Feb 21, 2009.

1. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    I have Fished this area only once with grest sucess. I am going back in early June to concentrate on big flatheads and blues. I could use any informantion about this area and key spots for shad/skip jack. Thanks.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i fish a little farther down river between cloverport,ky and henderson,ky i have never fished that far up river.. were are you from?

3. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Im from Muncie, but have hunted and done some fishing in this area for years. Most of the fishing was done in the tributaries. I bought a boat and wanted to fish the big river and catch monster cats. My first trip there last year netted my biggest flathead ever at 40lbs. We caught many other flatheads and some small blues. We are going to go again this June.

4. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Hey get with me i am from muncie i moved to connersville 6 mins from brookville lake i fish the ohio a lot from Tanners creek to Madaison we can hook up and go some time let me know Thanks Justin

5. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Next year I am thinking about spending my fishing vacation in Madision. Is this area good? Catch any with size from madision area? This year I am going back to the derby area.

6. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana
    Thanks for the invite Jason. Maybe we can hook up for a trip in the near future.

7. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

There are some monster cats in the Madison area. Go to Member Reports and check out the Catch of the Day thread. Its Vern Parrish (vlparrish) and that is his home stomping waters so you can check out the cats he catches around that area.

8. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
  9. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    Dude! I can't wait til the river trip, maybe I won't lose the big fish this year, like I did the last trip, that sucked big time, at least I got him underneath the boat. LoL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile2:

10. catfishcatcher

State:
    indiana