Anybody fish Stockton Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by POLECAT, Jun 24, 2007.

1. POLECAT

POLECAT New Member

State:
    MISSOURI SPRINGFIELD
    I see alot of talk about the TRUMAN LAKE area and some about a few other lakes but what about STOCKTON LAKE up north of SPRINGFIELD. I know there are quite a few big flatheads taken out of there because I see the heads hanging from farmers fences when driving around the area. Stockton is a beautiful clean lake but most generally by 10 am or so its very windy. Alot of sail boating goes on there and the access to the lake is bad because its mostly several miles of blacktop roads to get into the area. Any of you guys fish it and whats your thoughts?

2. Yea, Polecat I've fished it. A little bit of everything in there
    including some good Flatheads like you said.
    I've done best in the Turnback Creek arm of the lake (South West) specifically for catfish. Real snaggy down in there. Real catty too. Good luck, MoFlats

3. POLECAT

POLECAT New Member

State:
    MISSOURI SPRINGFIELD
    I know approximately where the turnback creek area is but I been considering putting in at the aldridge access and fishing on up in the direction the sac comes from. Was up there a few weeks ago and some mighty big heads hangin on fences . I would guess that alot of trotlinin going on up there. Paul

4. j12goose

j12goose New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I fish it. My Mom and Dad live down there close to the State Park marina. I haven't really put a lot of effort into cats, but we do pick up quite a few channels while drifting for walleyes. I must say that they are the best eating channel cats that I've ever cooked. It must be that clean water or something.

I would say most of the channels cats come off of main lake points, especially if they have a channel swinging in close to them. Usually on spin-glos with night crawlers.

While we are on this subject, I have never picked up a blue cat from that lake. Anybody know if there is a population??