Anybody fish Sherando Lake in Va?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bsites9, Jun 10, 2009.

1. bsites9

bsites9 New Member

State:
    Va
    I've trout fished and stuff at Sherando Lake in Lyndhurst Va, and have caught a few small cats, but I've been told there's nothing of any size in there. Anyone ever fished it and caught some nice cats? I've been thinking of going one night, but would like some input first since its a little bit of a drive for me.

2. fredpike

fredpike New Member

State:
    Fishersville Virginia
    I use to live up in Sherando fished for trout there but never catfish. Let me know if ya have any luck. Have you ever fished Charlottesville reservoir, theres some nice cats in there

3. bsites9

bsites9 New Member

State:
    Va
    thanks for the resonse. seems like its hard to get any help or responses around this place. but no, i've never fished the charlottesville reservoir. not sure where it is. i'm planning a trip this weekend to go to fredericksburg and fish the rappahannock, but i need a place a little bit closer, and where i can fish from the bank and have some luck at the same time. I live in Elkton by the way.

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Welcome Bryan and Dwayne to the BOC! :0a25:

I'm not sure why responses and help is unavailable...I've seen the Virginia forums more active than many other states on the BOC site. Hang around, make some friends, and I guarantee that you will be welcomed and well informed!

Now, about Sherando...it is indeed a trophy channel catfish lake based on what the VDGIF site says. I have never fished there, staying closer to home. Lake Orange is outstanding, as well as Mountain Run and Pelham in Culpeper.

5. fredpike

fredpike New Member

State:
    Fishersville Virginia
    Sorry i called it cville reservoir its Rivanna Reservoir and its prob same distance to you as sharando lake not to many people fish it and there is some access (from bank) around there if you willing to do some weed wacking. small john boat works great

6. bsites9

bsites9 New Member

State:
    Va
    anybody else fish lake sherando before? from what i understand the lower lake is the better lake since they drained the upper lake about 6 years ago, and restocked. anybody?

7. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    welcome to the boc bryan and dwayne. sorry i can't help you i fish mostly the southern part of the state and toward the james river. good luck and keep us posted if you fish it.

8. bsites9

bsites9 New Member

State:
    Va