Anybody fish Lake Erie?

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Whiskerwhacker, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Hey fellas, It looks like I will be going to Lake Erie on the 17th. I have been reading very hopeful things about the hot water discharge at the DTE Monroe plant. According to In-fisherman it is one of the overlooked "hot spots". NPI Since reading that in the mag I have contacted a few people and read some on the web. It sounds very promising, especially since it is still cold. It sounds like the fish stack up pretty heavy until summer hits. It is supposed to start warming next week so maybe they will be on the feed.

Does anyone have any knowledge or ideas? Anything to make the trip a more probable success would be appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

2. Erk

Erk New Member

State:
    Lincoln Park Michigan
    last year i fished it alot ..but only from those little fishing docks.,tons of cats in there ..i used shrimp..i think the biggest one was around 8 pounds...u plan on fishing froma boat or those little docks .cause they might havethe gates closed but idk ...this year ima go there with a boat and try it out..

3. Whiskerwhacker

State:
    Michigan
    We are going in with a boat. We will be using crawlers, shrimp, and cut sucker so we will see what is working. Is there one particular spot that seems to pay off better?

4. Whiskerwhacker

State:
    Michigan
    By the way welcome to the BOC!

5. Erk

Erk New Member

State:
    Lincoln Park Michigan
    i always tryed to get dock#7 seemed liked i didnt get snaged up as bad as all the other ones lol dont know if that helps any...but i never fished there so early in the year...killed em during the summer..lot of sheephead and gar..but tons of cats...let me know how it is from a boat ..my buddy is getting his boat fixed and that will be one of the first places we take it once it is running well...i love fishing from them docks but the place is a MESS...it seems like everytime we go we have problems with some 1 there......but anyway good luck & have fun