Anybody fish Lake Ellsworth?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jlingle, Mar 30, 2007.

1. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Lake Ellsworth is only about 65 miles from me. I know it's got blues in it, and I'm gonna start fishing it some. Do any of you guys know anything about this lake? Could you give me some pointers on where to look for shallow fish this time of year?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerrod

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    "Lake Ellsworth", now that brings back some childhood memories. When I was about 6 and 7 we lived in Lawton, Ok. Dad fished that lake several times and took me along every chance we got. Its been a lot of years since then but can remember seing a lot of big flatheads taken by the locals there. Im sure there are big blue cats in that lake also.

3. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    A couple of my employees fished Ellsworth a lot last summer, they did real good. Lately due to it being 13' low they haven't been fishing there - yesterdays rains should change that.
    I'll be going out with them and find out where they fish it and get back with you.

4. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Cool Mark, thanks! If you find something out, shoot me a pm or just reply to this thread. That would be fantastic. I'm going skiing and leaving tonight, but I'll check this thread and my email when I get back.

I used to go out on Ellsworth as a kid with a fella that worked at Cameron University. He would set trotlines out there and stop by and pick me up to go check them every now and again. I always thought that was the best fun ever.

5. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    Hear they had some flooding in Lawton, bet Ellsworth comes up a good bit.
    The Duncan lakes have came up a lot in the last 24 hours.
    Have a safe trip and contact me when you get back.
    Mark

6. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
  7. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    I'm wondering has anyone fished lake Ellsworth in the last few weeks? I might take the boat out tomorrow.

8. FourWinds

FourWinds New Member

State:
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    I used to know Lake Ellsworth pretty good years ago... but that'd be another thread all together... however, I intend to get rid of the "used to" part of that before too awful long...

Dave