Anybody fish Indian Lake?

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catman37, Oct 27, 2006.

1. catman37

catman37 New Member

State:
    ohio
    fished indian lake a couple days ago.the first time i ever tried cut shad for bait.caught 5 in about an hour,had a great time.then went to the same place the next day and got afew tugs at my rod i went to set the hook and nothing,so i threw it back out and nothing for a few hours so i left.i wonder what happened?i used part of the same fish from the day before,just kept it in the refrigerator over night,i wonder if that had anything to do with it?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

That is why it is called fishing and not catching. Catfish change maybe not daily but like us they change. You have to change with them. Baits, depths, presentation and so are ever changing even if ever so slightly. Be prepared are expect to change with the fish, it will help your catch ratio.

3. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i fish indian lake alot.where you from.i live over by the ski slope.anyways,that is indian lake for you.i always take 3 or 4 baits with me.it seems they change by the hour on what they want.i use plain liver,garlic liver,shad an shrimp most of the time.i havnt been out in a while cause of work.and when i dont have to work it's raining.i was hoping to go in the morning but weather doesnt look good again.did pretty good this year there though.fished around dream bridge alot

4. catman37

catman37 New Member

State:
    ohio
    hello coltsfan,we'll have to meet up and go fishing sometime,i live at the bellemeadows apts,you probubly know where that is.i usually fish fox island most of the time.out of all the baits you mentioned using which one would you say you had the best luck with up there?im thinking about going to the lake monday afternoon,looks like it will be a decent day according to weather forcasts.

5. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i've had good nights on all of them.just depends what they want that night.i've caught my bigger fish on shad but have caught more fish using the livers

6. ohio catfisherman

ohio catfisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey gary i have fished indian lake once and caught a small flathead on garlic livers but it wasnt a flathead like the one i caught out of your mother in law pond he was a trophy cat your probably wondering how i found you on this i just happened to be looking around ive been a member for a couple of months now its a cool site hopefully you get this and send me a message

7. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am wondering where a great bank fishing spot is on the lake? Never been up there but am wanting to go sometime with my dad. What baits work well on that lake?

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Brendon, its been years since Ive been there but there was plenty of bank space to fish. I used to go to Russels point (O'Conners Landing) when you could rent cottages with my parents and there was some good bank space there. I dont know many other spots tho. Always had good luck with just worms (before I knew about using real live bait LOL). I know it used to have some real heavy boat traffic doubt that has subsided much.